Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rush, Yes, Dream Theater...good year for concerts.

ClarkW

First I'm seeing Rush next week, and now I'm going to see (well, still gotta get tickets first!) Dream Theater and Yes in Denver in September.

I think I'm going to have to breathe into a paper bag here in a minute, just thinking about it has me in a tizzy...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice!

I've seen Anderson, Buford, Wakeman, Howe in San Diego (about as close to a Yes concert as you can get I guess).

Seems like I'm lucky to get to 2 concerts a year.

Tempest/Wicked Tinkers, Tool, Sevendust, Ministry were the last ones I've been to. Got lucky a couple years ago and saw Tempest twice that year.

Seen Rush at the Shark Stadium in San Jose. Man that was a serious disapointment in concerts (I will never ever ever go to a concert there again). The show was sold out so fast we barely got seats. turns out they were in the nosebleed section. and we were above the soundgear so everything blurred together so you couldnt tell if it was drums, bass, guitar or vocals. I split from our seats and headed down lower so I can hear the songs and hte damn rent-a-cops kept chasing me away. I spent most of the show trying to avoid the security and to finding a spot where I can hear and see.

Dream Theater is on my list of concerts I gotta go see. at least once

Cool ClarkW!

Unfortunately my concert season has sucked so far. Kings X cancelled and I was not able to afford Rush tickets when they went on sale, now all the scalpers have them and want well over $100 bucks for a lawn seat! :(

Oh well, at least I got to see Bela Fleck and the Flecktones earlier this year. Maybe some other groups I like will be around for me to see.

( Amy, plllleeeaaasseeeee bring Clatter to somewhere near Tucson!)

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

It's about time that actual musicians that play (not sequence, loop, fake, etc.) music are getting some reponse from audiences.

These groups at least are players. Whether or not the music is to your liking is of 2nd importance. I'll be at concerts of all of the above.

• 2 weeks later...

Rush was fantastic; the sound at the USANA outdoor amphitheatre was beyond amazing, the weather was perfect, and the show was stellar.

And I just bought my tickets for Bela Fleck and the Flecktones playing with the Utah Symphony at the Deer Valley Amphitheatre...life is good.

And tonight here, in Rome, Italy

G3 - Satriani, Vai, Fripp w/ Billy Sheehan.

Rest of the line-up should be:

Matt Bissonette, Jeff Campitelli, Virgil Donati & Tony McAlpine

I'll be there!

:wave:

www.myspace.com/fabrizioruggiero

www.myspace.com/vanalientribute

Who are we? People.

Where do we come from? Home.

Where are we going to? Home.

Originally posted by Ninja:

And tonight here, in Rome, Italy

G3 - Satriani, Vai, Fripp w/ Billy Sheehan.

Rest of the line-up should be:

Matt Bissonette, Jeff Campitelli, Virgil Donati & Tony McAlpine

I'll be there!

:wave:

Awesome! They didn't come close enough in 2003 for me to see them. :( Glad you could get a chance to see them on the other side of the pond. I guess I'll just have to go buy the DVD!

The Sting's concert in Zurich was quite good, and McCartney's was great, in spite of the bad weather. Real Nostalgia, closest you can get to hearing The Beatles live. I won't be able to attend Yes, they'll soon be playing at the Montreux Festival. :( I know they are the classical Yes formation with Anderson, Squire, Wakeman, White and Howe, nothing more and nothing less than that!!! :eek::D

Otherwise I may attend soon an open-air local reggae-festival. :cool:

Congratulations and enjoy your season!

"If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn"

Charlie Parker

Archived