Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Killing spree thwarted by friendly dog

bassdrummer

Found this on Yahoo news --

Oddly Enough - Reuters

Friendly Dog Prevents Killing Spree?

Fri Jun 25, 7:56 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

TORONTO (Reuters) - A Canadian man, driving a car packed with weapons and ammunition, was intent on killing as many people as possible in a Toronto neighborhood but gave up the plan at the last minute when he encountered a friendly dog, police said on Thursday.

The middle-aged man, who police said was mentally disturbed, had planned to carry out the shooting spree on Wednesday to ensure he would be put in jail permanently, Toronto police said.

He had set himself up in an east-end park to load his weapons and then planned to drive around shooting. He later told police that a dog then approached and started playing with him.

The encounter melted the man's heart, and he then went in search of police to give himself up, police said.

"He happens to be a pet lover, and decided that since there was such a nice dog in the area, that people were too nice and he wasn't going to carry out his plan," Detective Nick Ashley told reporters.

Police found 6,000 rounds of ammunition, two rifles, a shotgun, a semi-automatic pistol, a revolver and an air rifle in the man's car, along with a machete and a hunting knife. The car also contained a throwing knife, a camouflage mask and netting.

He had recently arrived in Toronto from New Brunswick.

James Paul Stanson, 43, has been charged with a variety of weapons-related offenses and appeared in court for a bail hearing on Thursday.

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great story!

Dogs are capable of such unconditional love..

After much has been lost , my best friends remain..

here's the boy, Seishin- and the girl, Jazz is a Heaven sent-

http://www.accessbass.com/seishin2sm.jpg

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

The middle-aged man, who police said was mentally disturbed, had planned to carry out the shooting spree on Wednesday to ensure he would be put in jail permanently , Toronto police said.

James Paul Stanson, 43, has been charged with a variety of weapons-related offenses and appeared in court for a bail hearing on Thursday.

:eek::mad::eek::mad::eek:

Am I the only one who caught this?!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

i saw that, too, but you see, he doesn't want to be jailed anymore.. he has changed his ways! he has seen the light ! he wants to run freely down the beach ( Toronto?). pooper-scooper in hand, best friend by his side...

which reminds me, has anyone seen the cult classic " A Boy and his Dog" ?

it was a midnight movie favorite , along with A Clockwork Orange, featuring a very young Don Johnson.

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Don Johnson's first movie! One of my fav's! :D:thu:

"She wasn't very smart but she certainly had good taste." :D

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Originally posted by bassdrummer:

Police found 6,000 rounds of ammunition, two rifles, a shotgun, a semi-automatic pistol, a revolver and an air rifle in the man's car, along with a machete and a hunting knife. The car also contained a throwing knife, a camouflage mask and netting.

air rifle? you have enough artillery to sack ottawa, at what point do you say "know what, better take the daisy too. god knows how i hate those f@#king canaries."
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Ace Cracker:

air rifle? you have enough artillery to sack ottawa, at what point do you say "know what, better take the daisy too. god knows how i hate those f@#king canaries."

:D That's hilarious.

I saw this today too... not to get political, but I wonder if this guy would have done the same thing if there was the risk of death-penalty? Probably, anybody that whacked... well, is whacked.

Originally posted by basshappi:

Don Johnson's first movie! One of my fav's! :D:thu:

"She wasn't very smart but she certainly had good taste." :D

Also one of my favorite films. Based on a cool Harlan Ellison short story called "Blood's A Rover".

The voice of Blood was by Tim McIntire, who was awesome as Alan Freed in "American Hot Wax". And not to nit-pick, but it was Don Johnson's fifth movie, IIRC.

Oh, and I like dogs too.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived