Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sax Solo Clip Download

Edendude

With the help of a few of the more computer-literate people on this site, I seem to have managed to crop, edit, convert, and upload a clip of one of the sax solos from our rough mixes.

Have a listen and see if you can tell why we'll miss this guy, now that he has moved away and left the band.

Check out that crazy flat nine near the beginning.

If you right click and 'save target' this link should bring up a Windows Media Audio File for you...

http://www.nova4x4.com/uploads/062104/saxsolo.wma

Let me know if it works, and what you think, please.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Very nice.

Originally posted by Edendude:

Check out that crazy flat nine near the beginning.

I can't pick out the flat 9 you're referring to. Sure you're not thinking of the gnarled 5-to-flat7 at the 2-second mark? 'Cause that is pretty choice. There's a flat 9 at the 18-second mark, but it doesn't really stand out as anything particularly "crazy."

Slammin' sax player, though.

All your bass are belong to us!

Yep...

Was talking about the risky gnarled note at the beginnng of the solo. It sounded like a flat nine to me, but what do I know. But I'm lovin' it, anyhow. He wanted to do a retake because of that note, but we wouldn't let him.

:D

The best part is that really fluid run about half way through, I think.

*sigh*

Originally posted by Edendude:

He wanted to do a retake because of that note, but we wouldn't let him.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how often the "mistake" is the best part. As a listener (and as a discerning sax player), I never would've guessed that he didn't mean to do that.
All your bass are belong to us!

My impression was that he did intend to play it that way, but when he listened back to the track, he felt it might be a little too outside. We said no way Jose! Then he smiled and was cool with it if we dug it.

We're hoping his playing on our CD will be the kind of calling card which will make a few other good tenor players come to us and ask to be a part of our band, instead of us going after other sax players and having to sweet talk them.

Once the CD is mixed and mastered, I'll put up some complete cuts. I'd love to have your opinion on it. There's section parts and sax solos all over it, and all arranged and played by the dude you hear in the clip.

pretty cool man! too bad it was such a short clip, I was gettin' down at my desk :)

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Thanks...

I'd love to let you hear more, but I'd probably get kicked out of the band if I started uploading rough mixes of complete songs.

But glad your diggin' what you heard in that teaser clip, Mound. We're pretty excited about how things are going with the project so far.

:thu:

Farid...

Soon as the CDs come out of the pressing plant, I'll let you know how to order one by phone.

:thu:

Kendrix...

Nice to hear about it when guys get the urge to pick up instruments they played years ago. Good luck with that. Let players like my friend the saxman be an inspiration, bro.

I used to play trombone in high school. Been years for me, too.

Archived