Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Michael Dimin - I bought your book

Jimbroni

I got it about 2 weeks ago and have been going through the exercises. I like the book very much, because its perfect for my level of current knowledge. Its a nice stepping stone. Everytime I learn something I realize how much I don't know, however.

Just wanted to give some Kudos, cause its well written, concise, and the info is immediately useable.

I had my first improv session with some of the ideas from your book last night with my drummer. He was blown out.

For everyone else, the book is called the Chordal Approach. Its about techniques for playing chords, and then gets into substitutions and reharmonization, which can give a long groove some new life.

Together all sing their different songs in union - the Uni-verse.

My Current Project

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad that you liked it. I am sorry that I did not find this post earlier as to respond. Please let me know if you have any questions.

BTW, I should now really soon about the release date of book 2. It will reahsh book 1 and add solo arrangements, looped arranging and a CD

Mike

Cool, well I'm not all the way thru the first one yet. :o I just did the midterm. I just played it on my acoustic for my guitarist He was jealous. :P Getting ready to look into secondary dominants. I also just recently picked up Jamey Abersolds free book. Jazz is new to me, even though I've been diggin it for years I'm just startin to taste it a little.

Together all sing their different songs in union - the Uni-verse.

My Current Project

Archived