Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

making mono stereo??

I posted the messge below elsewhere - but then added the following thought for Craig and crew - Is there a Behringer "Edison"??? spatial rack unit? Or any other workarounds?? Here is the post - I was brought on to mix a band - the engineer who recorded the stuff didn't record the overheads or the stereo tom tracks hard left and right - so basically I have 2 tracks of overheads that are almost identical - and the same with 2 tracks of toms (if you listen real close you can hear a "slight" seperation) So.... is there anyway to create more "stereo" sound - spread the tracks apart (Obviously when you pan the same signal r and l you don't get the stereo left and right feel, but rather a "all in the middle" thing) - This is all being done on analog - and will most likely stay that way so outboard fix is first choice - I could potentially take it to my studio in the computer - but they probably don't want to pay for that - Thanks jeff

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flip the phase on the right channel and add it to the left channel; this gives you a L-R signal. Add some of this to the left channel. Flip phase on the L-R signal and add some to the right channel. Don't overdo it or you'll lose everything mixed in the middle. This will also emphasize any phase problems and room sound. The best idea is probably to leave it alone. The guy who recorded it was probably going for a realistic drum sound as opposed to a ten foot wide drum set.

Man screw the computer!! Run the tracks into the studio monitors and set up a couple of good mics. Mix these into the origional tracks and Voila! Stereo without delays and (hopefuilly) no phasing problems.

Be a professional musician.

Or just sound like one!

Produce music with THOUSANDS of loops and effects.

Archived