Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

go pistons!

rumpelstiltskin.

it took until game 3 with the pistons up by 20 for the tv guys to realize that the lakers look bad because the pistons were playing them tough instead of them just being in a slump.

ahmad rashad actually said before game 3 that "the lakers were probably having a hard time finding motivation to play at home, but they'll pick it up in game 3." right. because the championship isn't inspiring enough to win at home. yeah. i got it.

so is it all on malone, though, like the analysts are saying? is malone's gimpy defense the sole reason for the pistons' meager offensive success? or is detroit simply the better-prepared, better-coached, better team?

watching mitch albom talk about all the people from "detroit" -- a lot of them were from west michigan, too -- and how LA made them stars or whatever -- made me all proud to be from michigan. not that it takes much for that anyway. and i liked seeing stevie Y, izzo, and the mooch in the crowd. i would be surprised if kirk gibson was in the crowd, too.

go stuns! beat LA!

robb.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It don't make any sense to pin it all on Malone, especially with how poorly Payton is playing, but it is a team sport so even Shaq has to take a hit for uninspired play in terms of blocks and rebounds etc. An inspired shaq should be the difference or biggest difference, even with the idea that Detriot is "longer" as a team when Malone is sitting.

I'm not a Piston fan but I am kind of an anti-Laker guy, so go Pistons! They should've "haq'd" Shaq at the end of regulation in game two, because this series is far from over.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

you know what, i was really looking forward to this series and it kinda pissed me off to hear everyone in the sports media sit around and say the lakers had this locked up.

i must admit i was pulling for the lakers here. it would be nice to see karl malone win a title and i have a feeling this pistons team is going to be around for a while. the east still sucks and the west isn't much better. next year i'm predicting a pistons t-wolves final.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Ace Cracker:

it would be nice to see karl malone win a title

One of the bigger reasons I'm rooting against the Lakers; I remember the late 80's, early 90's when Karl was the expert cheap-shot artist. Remember when he opened up Isiah Thomas's face to the tune of 40-something stitches by dropping an elbow on him?

;)

There is nothing like watching the Pistons win on High Definition TV and the Dolby 5.1 active (Except, of course, actually being at the Palace watching the game live.. :) --wish I could get some tickets.. )

I was thinking Pistons in 6, but now think they can wrap it up in 5.

I wonder why Jimmy Kimmel didn't show up at the game last night?

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

It's rare when S FLA sides with any team outside of FLA; but they're lovin' it down here, watchin' the Lakers fall apart.

...would be sweet to wrap it up at home Tuesday!!

Jim (from the West Side - Livonia/Redford)

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Yesssss! Go Piston's. I personally think the Laker's suck. They have all the talent, but no desire. I think anybody the Pistons have played in the eastern conference playoffs could beat the Laker's the way they are playing. Maybe the Laker's will show up tonight and win, I hope not Detroit could use the celebration here at home. Our city is in trouble, we need all the help we can get.

Actually, I kinda hope the Laker's put some effort into tonight, cause even though we lost game 2, it was exciting. Every other game was kinda boring.

All that said, I'm so sick of hearing that the eastern conference can't play with the west. The Pistons deserve some respect, they have played with heart and soul all year. Rasheed gave them the spark of emotional leadership/confidence they needed. Even if the Lakers play like they mean it, Pistons can play ball and hold them down.

Together all sing their different songs in union - the Uni-verse.

My Current Project

Lakers are coming back and winning tonight!!

I hope. I LA can just win Game 5 tonight, I think that they can win Games' 6 and 7.

Kobe needs to stop taking too many outside jumpers, just feed it to the diesel and its over!

Lakers in 7 all the way. And next year, I say Spurs- Pacers finals

Originally posted by getz76:

One of the bigger reasons I'm rooting against the Lakers; I remember the late 80's, early 90's when Karl was the expert cheap-shot artist. Remember when he opened up Isiah Thomas's face to the tune of 40-something stitches by dropping an elbow on him?

;)

so, how do you feel about bill lambier
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by getz76:

;)

so, how do you feel about bill lambier
I have no feelings about him. He was sort of before my time; the first series I remember watching was Pistons-Blazers, but only a little. I declared myself a Bulls fan and proceeded to watch them win all those titles. I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan since (a) I got on beforehand and (b) I remained a fan through MJ's retirement and still consider the Bulls my favorite team, though there's a lot of other teams I also like, and I just plain love the NBA.

But back to Bill...I remember the end of his career, but I don't really remember when the Bad Boys were the Bad Boys. I dislike the Lakers, and I dislike Karl. Not sure about Bill, but I love these Pistons.

Detroit rules.

Obviously because of music.

Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. were sitting next to each other and rooting for the Pistons.

Other than those two guys, I think you could say that Detroit produced more good music than LA.

How's that for a controversial topic opener?

What city created the best music?

Detroit?

New Orleans?

Philadelphia?

LA?

New York?

Kansas City?

Chicago?

Seattle?

San Francisco?

What high schools have turned out both top musicians and top athletes?

Overbrook HS in Philadelphia?

Berkeley HS in Berkeley, CA?

Where else?

How about Johnny Mathis from Washington HS in San Francisco? He was a top athlete and a top singer.

Or Wayman Tisdale from Booker T. Washington HS in Tulsa, Oklahoma. A great basketball player and a pretty decent bass player.

No need to overanalyze- the pistons just got tired of hearing they didn't belong on the same court, gave 'em the synergy.

JeremyC- great controversial topic opener. 1st controversial answer- New Orleans- going away, and thats just for Professor Longhair.

www.ethertonswitch.com

It's hard to be happy for anybody this season after what a piss poor season the Magic had and the prospect of losing T-Mac,

BUT---

Good to see those whiny Lakers and ol' whiny, ref bashin' coach get their feathers tarred. And I did get to watch some of my favorite former Magic guys (Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups--you know, we traded these guys for the broken Grant Hill) kick butt.

Sorry guys, just a little bitter.

It gets worse, I'm a Dolphins fan, too.... :cry:

"Study, study, study...or BONK BONK bad kids!"

i dont like the NBA, in fact, im disgusted with all professional sports. its wrong to have people getting paid millions of dollars each season(not a full year, mind you) when hard working people dont make that much in their entire lives :mad:

but, i did almost get jumped at school for telling some kids that the lakers suck and the pistons were going to destroy them :D

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Originally posted by BigKahuna855:

its wrong to have people getting paid millions of dollars each season(not a full year, mind you) when hard working people dont make that much in their entire lives :mad:

If you worked every day for 20+ years to be the best at what you do, and a company president offered you millions because your skills would help the company, would you turn him down?

Who would you rather see rake in the money? The talented athletes that spend six months risking injury while constantly taking time away from their families, or the rich guy in the luxury box who only owns the team as a hobby?

These guys must be generating billions, or else they wouldn't be getting paid millions. That's Capitalism.

Do you avoid movies, CD's, and other forms of entertainment because movie stars and (some) musicians make millions?

Maybe I should switch to decaf. :)

Ah, nice marmot.

Archived