Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Search function problems

ClarkW

I tried finding a post I made, and had a devil of a time. I kept getting no search results when I put in the keyword and my member number.

So then I just tried putting in my member number only. It spit out all of 12 posts. One from today, and then 11 from the week of October 13th through October 20th, 2003.

I believe I will no longer tell people to "USE THE SEARCH OMG NEWB!" because I no longer believe that it is as effective as we might think. Anyone else have this problem? Or prehaps my more important question is: is there a place in my profile where I can find all the posts I've made, not just a select dozen of them?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From time to time, I have a bit of trouble finding a thread.

Often I think it's because I think I used word "X" and I really used word "y".

Search function is still valuable; just because you can't find a particular post doesn't mean that a searcher can't find an answer to a question. I'll often post "Do a search" and you'll find: and I'll post a link from my own search.

You can see a listing of your 50 most previous posts by going to one of your posts and clicking the "Posts" word at the bottom of the post.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

Originally posted by Dave Brown:

You can see a listing of your 50 most previous posts by going to one of your posts and clicking the "Posts" word at the bottom of the post.

That's neat. So why does it work for you (I can see your most recent 50) but not for me?

---

1  Looking for a specific luthier. (post #0)  Low Down Lowdown  06-11-2004  
2  Search function problems (post #0)  Low Down Lowdown  06-11-2004  
3  So, how much hair do you have on your face? (post #22)  Low Down Lowdown  06-11-2004  
4  So, how much hair do you have on your face? (post #16)  Low Down Lowdown  06-11-2004  
5  Need info, advice on DIs/preamps with Mackie m1400i. (post #0)  Low Down Lowdown  10-20-2003  
6  Cool Gig (post #6)  Low Down Lowdown  10-20-2003  
7  Does Your Back Hurt? (post #3)  Low Down Lowdown  10-18-2003  
8  Buying my first real amp (this one works) (post #2)  Low Down Lowdown  10-17-2003  
9  Partner Support (post #9)  Low Down Lowdown  10-17-2003  
10  Rush's "YYZ" (post #2)  Low Down Lowdown  10-16-2003  
11  I'VE NEVER LEARNED GUITAR OR BASS....WHAT DO I DO???? (post #1)  Low Down Lowdown  10-15-2003  
12  Scary bass story..... (post #2)  Low Down Lowdown  10-15-2003  
13  Protecting gear from the cold (post #8)  Low Down Lowdown  10-15-2003  
14  which bass? (post #11)  Low Down Lowdown  10-15-2003  
15  Peavey basses.......What do you think? (post #8)  Low Down Lowdown  10-13-2003  

I had a similar problem yesterday. The only way I could find it was by member # and browsing throgh the results.

A little database cleanup may be needed.

Although the search funtion is a very handy tool, that I use often, it does not allow newer users to put in their 2 cents.

Post Responsibly

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Archived