Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally Found the Right Band

Rick Hoffman

Hello fellow low-downers

Finally, after what seemed like eternity goin through all kinds of BS, I find a few guys who know how to play and they are cool and we're all on the same page.

Just thought I'd show my enthusiasm, I'm sure you guys have jammed with many bands before finding a working situation you really liked.

Only thing is, we need a singer, and everyone in the band knows each other I'm the new addition, and its somewhat of a reunion of an older band of times gone by. These guys are like 35 I'm 28

Anyway, the number one candidate for singer is a guy who could tear the band apart with his ego.He's a David Lee Roth type guy. Either you love him or hate him.

My attitude is take everything in stride no matter what and continue to put forth a solid rhythm and groove. Me and the drummer must be connected psychically its a great feeling.

We'll see what happens but I don't want to lose any ground, either from a progressive stand point or a creative one, within the band.

How would you guys deal with a vain singer? This isn't the first time I've had problems with a singer...but, it seems all the singers I have problems with are the really really good ones.hmm

:D

:confused:

:thu:

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, some good news for a change, and nothing too controversial. Glad to hear it. Probably about a year or so before I am ready to get into a band and cant wait for horror stories of my own.

Singers come and go. Hang in there and hope for the best. Good luck.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Vain singer, that's something you don't see every day. ;)

If he's can back up his ego with his pipes, and pack your shows because he's so charismatic, then just keep smiling! :D

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Archived