Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Celinder basses -- sound samples

_Sweet Willie_

Well, Celinder just launched an updated website. :thu:

In the "sound room" (under "references") they have quite a few sound samples. I thought they were pretty tasty -- definitely compared to some of the samples at other builders' sites. The sound demos are cool too because you can listen to a "demosong" w/ multiple instruments (e.g., bass, drums, keys, etc.) or listen to just the bass part soloed.

There are also a couple of video clips of a couple of Danish bassists playing Celinders. Also pretty cool.

Definitely some phat tone. Makes me want to know also about how the tracks were recorded.

Celinder, in Denmark, makes custom basses. Their bread'n'butter is Fender-style J and P basses, though they also have a more modern aesthetic in the "Aura" models as well as a true custom biz. They are a bit pricey... :eek:

Peace. :cool:

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn, Willie. Did you HAVE to do that?

Those things sound simply amazing! The demos are killin!

Now I have to start saving for one, damn you!!! :mad:

:D

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

OK, the guy on the demos is a BEAST! so i looke dhim up on the web and it says he is a sound developer and he had to stop playing t an early age because of wrist problems, so now i wonder, what are we listening to in those demos?

It certainly sounds like someone playing a bass, but some of it is so clean it could be samples. I emailed him, so i hope to fnd out-

*- just realized the audio demos are samples, interesting. Great programming. It scared the heck out of me!- but the basses sound awesome , man!

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

whats that fretboard made from?

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Maple fretboard. I believe it's dyed white. Bill Dickens has a Conklin that is all white like that.

Adrian, do you have any more scoop on what we're actually listening to?

At least for the video clips it's clear that the two bassists are both playing a Celinder bass, and demonstrating a bit of ability on their parts. :)

They are pretty...

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

got an email back from scarbee, but it wasn't too clear what we were listening to. i think there are notes that are sampled and maybe eeven phrases- its quite brilliant because it sounds like live playing. He has a sound library of Celinder bass sounds, every nuance sampled, but i dont think anyone laid down those tracks, I am almost glad- the "playing" is scary !- A

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

DANG!!! That is some sweet, sweet sounding bass. In fact, the tone on fingerstyle demo song #1 is about my ideal bass tone (read: the one I keep chasing). Can anyone help a fellow Lowdowner out with that tone? PLEEZ!!

Thanks for posting that, Sweets. I've been curious about them ever since I read that Tom Barney plays one. Sheeyoot!

Bassaddik said:
but i dont think anyone laid down those tracks, I am almost glad- the "playing" is scary !
I hear you, A! I was afraid I was going to have to learn some of that stuff - which is probably not a bad idea.

Hey guys

I've just been listening to those sound clips over and over. I even went to the scarbee website to find otu what I could. It seems that the whole lot are programmed in using the scarbee sound samples ie no pre-recorded loops or phrases. It sounds so real it could put us all out of work :(

On the plus side the lines are sooooo hip. I'm trying to learn the first slap one. I've got a lot of those techniques down but they're still in the techniquebag as opposed to the music bag :D Oh well I'd better get back to it. C-Ya

Ben

Oh yeah on the website a similar thing has been done for drums and keys (rhodes I think) - all very real sounding.

No worries Mr Sweet :D

I probably should have been working on my dissertation (sound familiar) but I heard those samples and needed to find out more (I can get an extention so where's the harm ;) )

Thanks for the heads up, now get back to work :D:);):cool: C-YA

Ben

Archived