Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig Spam! This Saturday in Long Island!

BenLoy

Hey there, everyone.

Remember those session pics I posted awhile back?

Well I'm doing a gig with those guys this Saturday night in Northport, Long Island!

June 5th, 2004

Nappertandy's, 9:30pm

229 Laurel Road, Northport, NY 11768

http://www.nappertandysirishpub.com/

THIS EVENT IS BEING SPONSERED BE JAGERMEISTER...SHOT GIRLS,

PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, ETC.

Don't worry, I'm not one of the shot girls.

We'll be playing a bunch of fun covers and Christian and Joe's original tunes.

Hope to see you there!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Ben,

My drummer celebrated his 40th birthday.

We had a nice afternoon party with his family at a restaurant.

We went back to his house to jam for a few hours.

How did it go?

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

How'd the gig go?

Ya' know, if you'd been one of the shot girls I would've booked a flight and been there. :eek::D

BTW, when might we get to hear something from those sessions? Just because you took pictures doesn't mean that any music was made. :P;):D

Peace.

--Sweet "Can't Stop Bringin' the Luv" Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Damn Ben wish I had checked in earlier, I would have went to your gig...I live right next to northport!!!

You seem to be a smart intelligent bassplayer from your posts, I really would have liked to check it out.

If it comes thru again definately let me know if you are out on the island again I will be there.

Peace,

Rick

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

wish i could make it. but i have to admit this is probably the one time i can say i'd rather be where i'm gonna be as opposed to the mrs. grundy show: a playboy golf tournament. if it lets out early enough i'll try to get to the show and let any lowdowners in attendance smell my finger :P .

seriously, anyone within the sound of my.... well, keyboard CHECK THIS SHOW OUT. this is a good chance for the strong island based members of our community to check out a great band.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

While I appreciate the glowing recommendation, Ace, this is not a Mrs. Grundy show.

I'll be playing with singer-songwriters Joe DeAngelo and Kristian Amato. We'll be playing lots of covers interspersed with a bunch of their original tunes. My buddy Mark Portugal (who plays drums with Bakithi Kumalo), will be tearing up the place. We tore through a seriously scary version of Jimi Hendrix's "Fire" on Saturday...and it was mostly due to him! When he gets going you can't stop him!

Mrs. Grundy will however, be doing an unplugged show at CB's gallery on Friday, June 18th at 8pm!

Come to one! Come to both!

Archived