Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got a real gig! We have to sell tickets?

73 P Bass

We are playing the Webster Underground on 6/26!

There are 4 bands on the bill.

The only condition is we have to sell 25 tickets.

For myself and my drummer, being terribly charismatic, and handsome this is no problem. For Satan (our guitarist), he couldn't get his loser friends to a gig if he paid them (last weekend we threw a party with free, really good beer, and not one of his lame ass friends showed up, we still kicked serious ass)!

Whatever band sells the most tickets get the best slot (except the headliner, Ethic, who gets the headlining spot no matter what).

Anyways, I'm psyched!

Sorry, but I'm going to "re-spam" closer to the gig!

W.W.L.D.: KICK-ASS!!

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always refused to do those kind of 'pay to play' gigs. There's something really sleazy and humiliating about having to sell tickets to people. It reminds me of having to sell chocolate bars door to door when I was a kid so my school could buy a new set of encyclopedias.

But good luck nonetheless. Next time look for gigs at a place that charges a door cover and pays you a percentage. They're all over CT.

Originally posted by BenLoy:

Next time look for gigs at a place that charges a door cover and pays you a percentage. They're all over CT.

Not really, not for an original band that isn't a jam band.

I've played for the door in a different original band, and I've played for guarantees with a cover band, and I'm pretty cool with selling tickets; kind of put up or shut up.

Clubs don't exist to support music, they exist to make money, the music is just a pleasant side effect. You could be the next coming of Jaco, but if no one comes to see you the club's not going to have you back.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

i have been lucky so far. i have not had to sell tickets for a show but have had to play many a free gig.

merchandising it is all about merchandising. ;)

most clubs around here won't let you play unless they have heard of you. how can they here of you when no one will let you play. :mad:

but,the drummer :cool: in my band is a salesman in his day job. he has gotten us places that we never thought we would get in. we are lucky for that. who knows where we would be with out him.

Archived