Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Here are some pix of my basses

57pbass

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work - and nice collection !!

I've played three of them...

I guess I know which toy Jeff plays with when he visits (Dan's brother Jeff is a fine guitarist).

Thanks for putting this together.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Hey, PJR, can you get the pissing contest started now? ;):D

The beauty of these two guys (PJR and 57pbass) is their combination of humility and good taste...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Here is the same attachment with descriptions....

'bout time!!!

Well, I've had my 'sweaty-rain soaked hands' on two of those - but you never told me about the Lull's!!! I'd have held you for ransom here in S.Fla for those!!!

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Wow!! This is one of the nicest collections I have seen. You have all my favorites!!

I am just finishing hot rodding my Marcus bass with Sadowsky pickups and a J-Retro preamp.

I would like to ask you....are the Sadowsky's that much beeter than the older Jazz basses? (Other than being much quieter?) I have never played one. They are hard to find up here.

How do you like the Kubicki's? I've always wanted to try one but have never run across one in real life.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

LUG ...The Kubickis are great basses ... tons of great tone from the onboard electronics...very very comfortable basses..easy to set up.

My favorite feature on these basses is the device that opens the E string to a D ... without changing the fingerings......very useful and very easy to operate.

Wally Malone a LowDowner... plays a Factor ..

he can really tell you what you need to know......

Dr Suess..I dont have a very old Jazz so I cannot speak to this question....with that said...

I have played the older Jazz and there is quite a difference between the Sadowsky...

I never got a vintage vibe from Sadowskys..they are great sounding modern basses that allow you to dial up great tones...I hope this was somewhat helpful

Thanks to all for your kind words.....

www.danielprine.com

All pissing aside, it is a lovely collection. :thu:

I was surprised to see the two Kubickis, and didn't realize that you had them. I got to play Wally's Kubicki for about 10 minutes last summer and really, really liked it. It was very comfortable to play (and certainly had benefitted from all of Wally's mojo! ;):D )

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

That is a collection to die for. I enjoyed the pics.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

Archived