Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Beagles

Lee Flier is doing a gig next month which is a one time Beatles tribute band and they were trying to come up with names for the band. I suggested The Beagles, I love that name, but I don't think Lee likes it too much. Name some of the songs a band called The Beagles would play. Here's two I thought of. Bark In The USSR When I'm 9 ( almost 64 in dog years) To view the discussion go to the [url=http://www.what-the.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2]What The ?[/url] website seems to be a problem with that link, try it again later it it's not working.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Presented on CBS in September 1966, this obvious takeoff on the Beatles name only lasted one season. The Beagles were two animated dogs, Stringer and Tubby, whose identities were built roughly on the tried and true comedic antics of Abbott & Costello and Laurel & Hardy. The series' premise involved the canines being put into various adventures instigated by their manager, Scotty, where the duo would learn a valuable lesson that they would base a song around. The show was produced by Total Television, the creators of Underdog and Tennessee Tuxedo. While the cartoon only lasted two years (including a brief appearance on ABC), an album was released on Columbia's budget label, Harmony, in 1967, featuring mock Chad & Jeremy songs, including "Looking for the Beagles," "Be the Captain," "Humpty Dumpty," and "Thanks to the Man in the Moon." This rare soundtrack album was re-released on limited-edition CD in 1995 with We're the Banana Splits. While the music has been retrieved, unfortunately the cartoon itself has been lost. [url=http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Aypdfylkjxpcb]Here Comes The Beagles[/url] -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Actually we did decide on a name: What The Help?!! LOL... But, the Beagles still has merit. Certainly the Beagles could do "Hey Bulldog" and "Martha My Dear" without changing the words at all. :) But how about: Happiness Is A Cold Nose (sniff sniff, drool drool) Yellow Labrador And Your Bird Dog Can Hunt Uhh... I'm sure there are more. :) --Lee

[quote]Originally posted by Dwarf: [b]Presented on CBS in September 1966, this obvious takeoff on the Beatles name only lasted one season. The Beagles were two animated dogs, Stringer and Tubby, whose identities were built roughly on the tried and true comedic antics of Abbott & Costello and Laurel & Hardy. The series' premise involved the canines being put into various adventures instigated by their manager, Scotty, where the duo would learn a valuable lesson that they would base a song around. The show was produced by Total Television, the creators of Underdog and Tennessee Tuxedo. While the cartoon only lasted two years (including a brief appearance on ABC), an album was released on Columbia's budget label, Harmony, in 1967, featuring mock Chad & Jeremy songs, including "Looking for the Beagles," "Be the Captain," "Humpty Dumpty," and "Thanks to the Man in the Moon." This rare soundtrack album was re-released on limited-edition CD in 1995 with We're the Banana Splits. While the music has been retrieved, unfortunately the cartoon itself has been lost. [url=http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Aypdfylkjxpcb]Here Comes The Beagles[/url] I remember watching that cartoon when I was a kid. -- Rob[/b][/quote]
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Where the hell did you find that? Never heard of that cartoon. Thanks for killing my thread Rob.[/b][/quote]Allmusic.com of course :) Just for the hell of it I looked up the name. I expected that some new wave band had used it, but I hadn't expected a cartoon :) Sorry Steve -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Dwarf said: [quote] Presented on CBS in September 1966, this obvious takeoff on the Beatles name only lasted one season. The Beagles were two animated dogs, Stringer and Tubby, whose identities were built roughly on the tried and true comedic antics of Abbott & Costello and Laurel & Hardy. The series' premise involved the canines being put into various adventures instigated by their manager, Scotty, where the duo would learn a valuable lesson that they would base a song around. The show was produced by Total Television, the creators of Underdog and Tennessee Tuxedo. While the cartoon only lasted two years (including a brief appearance on ABC), an album was released on Columbia's budget label, Harmony, in 1967, featuring mock Chad & Jeremy songs, including "Looking for the Beagles," "Be the Captain," "Humpty Dumpty," and "Thanks to the Man in the Moon." This rare soundtrack album was re-released on limited-edition CD in 1995 with We're the Banana Splits. While the music has been retrieved, unfortunately the cartoon itself has been lost. [/quote]A little OT, but CBS used to do some really strange specials... Remember the live action Star Wars Christmas Special? It ran on CBS before the first movie hit and it featured Chewbacca, his wife, and little wookie kids. Very campy. :D

Archived