Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BP8 Patch Thread

Well, my bluff has been called (I just had to say I'd go second!), so here goes.

Here's my favorite patch, which I use with my Fender J, preferably with the neck pickup rolled off a bit & the tone rolled off quite a bit (although other configurations work well too):

Compressor: to taste

Preamp: on; Type=cln3; gain=0

EQ: on; 80x3; 117x6; 1350x0; 6300x6

Noise gate: on; lo1 (optional)

That's it; ready to play "Child of Vision."

Another favorite is similar but with a little more "edge," esp. with both J pickups full up--good stock Fender tone:

Preamp: on; Type=cln3; Gain=3

EQ: on; 74x4; 145x7; 3150x13; 10.8x-9

Reverb: on; Type=hall; Level=25; Decay=10 (just a scoche; optional)

For a big, dark sound, I like this one (extra nice with flats):

Preamp: byps

EQ: on; 200x7; 370x3; 540x2; 2500x0

Mod/Pitch: on; Type=eftr; level=100; Speed=1; Depth=5; Regen=60 (I know this sounds weird; in effect, the envelope filter is activated, but the actual envelope effect is nullified, resulting in a really dark sound I stumbled upon)

Reverb: on; Type=club; Level=20; Decay=1

That's all for now. Step up, now, the rest of you! :thu:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooooooh. I need to get that thing out of the closet and wipe the dust off. This's gonna be like a new toy! I'll have at least a couple to share if I can dig it out without the monsters dragging me into Narnia.

Actually, until I started looking at the settings I'd totally forgotten there was any reverb there at all! I suppose I put just a little in to round it out a bit, just soften the decay slightly. But the truth is, if I removed it I probably wouldn't notice anyway.

Archived