Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can I achive professional results with Tascam DM24?

Hi Everybody! I´m just sold a Mackie 24*8 and I´m looking for a better sounding console. I think that my best bet is a digital one for the limited space, and budget! So, I´m considering this board. It is any good? Must I look somewhere? I´m from Venezuela and I haven´t any chance to hear other mixers (except Neve and MCI, which of course are out of question) but I´m aware of what professional audio sound is. What do you think? Regards Jose Pereira

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can do your part of it, the DM24's capable of very professional results. But then, so is a Mackie. It all comes down to what your needs are and who's sitting behind the board. A Neve 8068 isn't going to turn you into a mega-producer / engineer, any more than a '59 Les Paul will turn you into Duane Allman, Mike Bloomfield or Eric Clapton. But I do think you'd probably be happier with the DM24 than the Mackie. Automation is SO sweet... once you have it, you'll never want to go back... Best of luck, and make sure to visit Gus and all the good folks over on the Spanish forum!

Hi Phil! Congratulations! Very nice studio! Interesting, you are using Yamaha AW4416´s for mixing? Have you any chance to compare them to the DM24 and Behringer? If you want a privately opinion you can email me at jomapema@cantv.net And Thanks for your help! Regards Jose Pereira

Archived