Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ignore me, I've been inadvertently bumped...

alexclaber

A Drummer!!!

Woohoo!!! And she (yes, she!) totally kicks ass!!!

The very cool thing is that we share the same diverse influences (she describes her's as "from Sabbath to Chic via badass beats" or something like that), have a similar ethos on how to make music and, based on last night's long jamming session, lock up in a most badass, hard grooving yet dynamic and expressive stylee. (And she has her own practice space and a very nice drum kit).

I am happy.

Alex

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thu: Nice one, Alex!

I play in a band with two females who are more enthusiastic, reliable and professional than most guys. They work hard, turn up having learned their parts and come to rehearsals to do productive work rather than show off their party-piece licks. Definitely a refreshing change from some of the males I've worked with over the years.

Had another jam last night with my new acquisition ;) and things are going well (barring back injuries). It seems like my long awaited new 'band' is getting rolling, Jennie and I are very much in the same musical mindset, Steve (the vocalist) is a great singer with a real knack for a tune and 'all' we need is a guitarist or keyboardist that will mesh seamlessly.

We spent yesterday working on the grooves for some of my songs, with a view to getting the bass and drums tracks sorted, then recording them and then working on the vocals with Steve. And as and when the right fourth person turns up they can add the middley/chordal parts that glue everything together, but in the meantime we can overdub those parts whilst we're writing.

So far we've just been working on my stuff, but both Jennie and Steve write so between us we have a mountain of material to choose from and there's more of it day by day - I've been quite prolific recently, been coming up with most of my stuff on the classical guitar and have written the bulk of about 20 songs since Easter, which is nice.

And one of my cabs is staying in the studio so just the bass, pedalboard and rack to cart.

Alex

P.S. Yes, the UI is totally confusing, had me baffled for ages!

P.P.S. I think she's acquired me as much as I have her. That seems fair...

Archived