Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Noob question.

l Bad Religion l

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember B and E don't have a sharp (unless you're in a bogus key where it makes more sense to have E# than F, since keys have only one of each note).

Good luck learning the notes, it helps a lot to know the fret's note names.

In Skynyrd We Trust

Originally posted by Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress:

Remember B and E don't have a sharp (unless you're in a bogus key where it makes more sense to have E# than F, since keys have only one of each note).

Every note has a sharp. B# exists in the key of C# major (and A# minor), as well as as an accidental. E# exists in the keys of F# major (D# minor) and C# major (and A# minor), and again, exists as an accidental. Those keys are, of course, not terribly common. But they are not bogus; they are real keys defined by music theory, just like all the others. The most important thing to remember is that E# and B# are not entirely uncommon as accidentals, however. Well, outside of Guns & Roses, anyway.

You can also sharp a note twice. Oh, yes, it's possible. Try it at home.

By the way, I love noobs. Big, bouncy noobs. Little, perky noobs. They're all good. Mm, mm, noobs.

Originally posted by dcr:

You can also sharp a note twice. Oh, yes, it's possible. Try it at home.

I've seen a Bx a few times in classical pieces, but I'm trying to think of a time I've seen Ex. Perhaps that is a forbidden double secret probation double sharp? ;):D And for that matter, the most common double flat I seem to recall is Bbb. Whatever. It's late and I'm rambling much more than usual.

Archived