Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

my case has become a coffin

BigKahuna855

my EDB600 is dead. im not sure what's wrong with it, but i am going to get it loked at. when i do, should i go to an Ibanez repair shop, or will the local music shop do the same quality(or better) work?

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Thomas Wilburn:

I think first you should try shortening your signature. That might help.

I agree; the karma spent on bandwidth probably tipped the scales for you and sent your bass to pot.

After that, is the bass still under warranty?

Another good question. What are the symptoms?

ok peer pressure got me with the signature. i doubt it is under warrenty(bought it used). the symptoms are that it has almost no output going to the amp, it actually makes one sound, but it sounds like a machine gun. i replaced the battery, checked the amp, and checked the cable, so i am pretty sure it is the bass.

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

So it sounds like there's a short somewhere. Have you looked in the wiring cavity? Could something have been shaken loose?

And if this is an active bass, can you disable the preamp? If so and the problem stops, that would certainly help.

Oh, and thanks for the signature. I'm sure Jeremy's Sea Bass recipe is delicious, but it was a little ridiculous.

Archived