Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

School Of Bass Coming Soon

Ed Friedland

Just a quick reminder that School Of Bass is coming soon. May 6-9 in Tempe, AZ. A new guest artist is Dean Peer. Harvie Brooks, Dave Ellefson, Andy West, Ray Riendeau, Lynne Davis, and myself are doing workshops, as well as clinics on bass setup from Lee Miller of The Bass Place, online vintage trading (basses) by Steve Dude Barr, an amp clinic by Fender, and a string clinic by LaBella.

The program is designed to meet the needs of all levels, with an ermphasis on the info that will really help you reach your goals.

Sponsored by Bass Player Magazine, Fender Amps, Carvin, LaBella Strings, Hal Leonard, The Bass Place, Vintage Bass Trading Co., and The DudePit.

Act now, time's running out!

- end of shameless plug -

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way I can make this, and then I found that my niece is being Confirmed on May 8.

Ohhhh the sadness.....

Ed, tell your staff and attendees that the folks at the Low Down are sending low vibes their way.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

That's Who it is: ED!

I caught a university orchestra concert monday night and one of the bassists looked very familiar, I just couldn't remind me of who.

Then it hit me as I read the title of this thread- Ed Friedland.

BTW- he sounded great...

...think funky thoughts... :freak:

I just started getting some of my students on Ed's new Hal Leonard books 1,2,&3. I must say, I'm really pleased. I think the FULL band play along tracks are the best part. You find that in "styles" books, but not general learning books. They are laid out very well, are progressive, and actually cover very useful issues that you may only find in specific concept books. Congrats to Ed on putting out what is a very good series. Thanks Man!

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Originally posted by Mike Bear:

I just started getting some of my students on Ed's new Hal Leonard books 1,2,&3. I must say, I'm really pleased. I think the FULL band play along tracks are the best part. You find that in "styles" books, but not general learning books. They are laid out very well, are progressive, and actually cover very useful issues that you may only find in specific concept books. Congrats to Ed on putting out what is a very good series. Thanks Man!

Thanks Mike, glad you're finding the method to be useful. I was in Milwaukee this week taping a DVD that will correspond to Book 1.

I tried to make this series a little different than typical "method books". Guess it's working.

As far as School Of Bass in the midwest... there was some discussion about maybe a Chicago edition in the future, you'll hear about it if it happens.

I haven't been able to force myself to buy one of the books, but if a DVD comes out on it I could go that route.

I tend to get more out of it if I can see what they have in mind.

Double what we got o mr. roboto

Double

Double

Archived