Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Bass!

bassdrummer

Here's my new Schecter Diamond Series C4. Got it tonight at Guitar Center. I love it. The salesman was very helpful. List from the Schecter website is $699. The Guitar Center tag said $489 but he took it down to $430. It goes for $499 in Musician's Friend. It sounds crisp and clean. It's got EMG HZ pickups, active 2 band EQ, mahogany body with figured maple top, and creme binding. 24 frets; I like the inlays a lot. Gold satin hardware, Grover tuners, and "Monorail" type bridge with each string saddle housing separate from the others -- I think they call it "S-Tek" or something like that. I wanted something that would contrast with my Fender Standard Precision (strung with Lakland Joe Osborn flatwounds) and this bass is a great contrast in every way -- sonically and visually. Anyway . . . I'm a little excited, in case you can't tell! :thu:

Zoomable pic

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got that same bass in a five.

It's not too bad, although I've never liked the tone of mine (spoiled by the Warwick.) My son plays it now and he likes it great.

One thing I'll say: the monorail bridge on mine has a bit of problem...the screws that mount the bridge interfere with the travel of the bridge. Every Schecter is set up at their factory in California, and (upon inspection) I discovered that they had ground away the underside of one of the saddles to provide clearance to set intonation.

Not a problem...intonation is fine, the grinding is not visible and the tone is even. These S-Tek bridges are Schecter's copy of the Z-Tek monorail, which is used on very high end basses, even the Parker Fly Bass.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Congrats on the new bass! I have a Schecter Dimond Elite 5 and really like it. I have handled the model that you have and thought highly of it. Here's hoping it serves you well for years to come!

Matter of fact I saw a band at the county fair this weekend and the bassplayer was playing one. It sounded very good.

Cheers

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

Thump in good health !!

Red was the correct choice. :thu:

Tom

Thanks again, people. Tom, it's actually not red; it's "Antique Amber" I believe. It's gorgeous. Plays like a dream and makes me sound better than I really am.

More importantly, it inspires me to get better.

:thu:

--Rush, "Limelight"

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

'grats! Enjoy it!

Peace.

--SW

That's two congratulations from Sweet Willie himself in two days on the same bass, everybody! I musta done SUMPin right, y'all!

:cool:

--Rush, "Limelight"

Originally posted by bassdrummer:

...it's actually not red; it's "Antique Amber" I believe.

Too bad - it would have sounded better if it was red. :idea::P:cool:

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived