Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CRAIG - Okay, Adat/ Edit help needed

Sorry for the cross post here (I deleted it earlier) but I found a review Craig did about the Adat/Edit card and program. I'm having a problem - it recognizes the slave, but doesn't show the master - which leads me to believe that the card is not being recognized. I'm on a Mac G4. I need help - this is driving me crazy, especially after reading Craig's review about what a piece of cake using this was... I'm jealous. Any suggestions? Please? Thanks (and sorry again for the cross post)
Jen H.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you explain a little about how you set it up? Like what you plug where, should I be pressing play before I try to transfer (play on the adat). Can you talk me through a transfer, that should be the same on a mac and a pc.
Jen H.

Update - I now have the card and the Adat communicating except for one tiny problem... it won't transfer. When I click transfer all it does it play, no green bars show up for the progress bars. I get numbers for the samples, but when I open the file, there's nothing in it but yet it takes up 21.5 mb of space... Help!!!!!!!!!!
Jen H.

I wish I could help, but the thing worked perfectly for me. If I had experienced a similar problem, I could tell you what I did to fix it. You DO have the right light pipe cables hooked up the right way, yes? And the sync connector? How about this: try installing the Logic variant that Alesis supplies with the card, set it up exactly as they say, and see if you can get that to work. There's got to be some parameter somewhere that's misset. Good luck.

Wondercrush, I had the same problem exactly. On a Windows 98 computer. That was back when Alesis had tech support via phone, and once it stopped working we never did get "transfer" to work. The card works well to this day as a HD recording interface (using the converters in the ADAT). We were using Blackface ADATs, and I thought maybe that was the problem.
Rubber Lizard Studio

Archived