Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cricket legend is a bassist!

TShakazBlackRoots

For those of you who understand the lovely game of cricket, of which Baseball is a poor relation :D , I'm sure you watched Brian Lara make history by making 400 runs in one innings today.

While watching the series (West Indies Vs England), retired bowling legend Curtly Ambrose was interviewed and he revealed that he's now a musician in a band called 'Dreads & one baldhead'. Clips were shown, and he was proudly playing a nice maroon 5er bass :cool: !

I had the opportunity of having breakfast with him and the West Indies team in a hotel in Jamaica afew years ago.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TShakaz, You seem a decent fellow so please don't take this the wrong way but...

Only the English (and prehaps the East Indians)actually understand the game(?) of Cricket. :eek:;):D:D

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Originally posted by basshappi:

Only the English (and prehaps the East Indians)actually understand the game(?) of Cricket. :eek:;):D:D

Quite a few West Indians play the game too..

:D

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Jeremy C, 400 hundred runs with no steriods!!

For just the sake of seeing this record being broken, check your TV listings or CNN Sports or ESPN etc... You'll see this Brian Lara guy in action.

And for those who think Cricket is not popular (Basshappi), wake up. India alone has 1 billion people who madly love the game. Add Africa, West Indies and Europe, this game is alot bigger than Basketball and Baseball put together (a million times over :D )

*snooty accent* Thats because cricket is a gentlemans game and they wouldn't do those adverts for all the tea in china *End snooty accent*

Nobody really understands cricket, i used to play for my school team and i don't understand it.

Nic

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

True, cricket has some snobbish roots. But it's a 'clean' game that's why u won't see them on Nike ads. Besides, Nike or Adidas aren't good enough to make even the least of Cricket equipment/wear. Cricketers don't believe in slave labour (sweat shops)...ouch :D

Glad to hear that this player is now really a player :D

I worked for a long time with some Indian guys who became my friends. They explained how the game worked (which I mostly don't remember any more). This was during the world cup some years back. I'd like to watch a match one day (like a world cup), but I don't know if I'll ever be an enthusiast (I'm not even a big baseball fan).

Like anything, once you know a bit about it, you can participate in the conversation and share the excitement. I remember enough that 400 runs is pretty cool....

We Americans don't need more sports because we have enough. Let's be welcoming to the (mostly) non-Americans that are into cricket. May you all bat and bowl well !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

We have an Indian community where I live, and many of them do cricket games in the spring and summer in th parks around here.

So, yes, I am somewhat familiar with the game. I haven't been inclined to play it, however. I still prefer the rough and tumble sports like soccer (the REAL, correct version of football to the rest of the world :D ) and skateboarding (nothing like getting your head bashed in :freak: ).

You better watch out for fast bowlers coz trust me, that cricket ball can hurt! :freak:

Some bowlers throw it at 80 miles an hour.

Cricket is so huge especially in countries where the 'British empire' had too much influence.

Archived