Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Waiting is the hardest part...

Well, my son's girlfriend went in the hospital last night. I'm going to be GRANDPA Tedster!!! But, she's going through the long labor thing. Sheesh...poor kid. :( So we're sitting on pins and needles. Going back to the hospital soon...no change...irregular contractions. Will let you all know ASAP. And, state your preference of tobacco or bubblegum cigar. :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you'll get just that, Valky. We already know. It's a boy...he's still not here, but we knew a while ago. His name will be Preston Perry (family name) Hoffman.

Hey, Gramps! :) , I think that is terrific! Nothing beats a new baby to liven things up. Best wishes and an early congrats to mom, dad and the whole family. ...Ahh, the smell of a baby's head! :D Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

Congrats Ted. I can't wait for Grandkids. Espciallty since I'll be able to give them back when I'm done spoiling them. I keep on trying to leave my kids with my mom, but she keeps on returning them.
I really don't know what to put here.

What a blessing a child is... My son, Ian, just turned 1 year old 2 months ago, and he has brought such joy and purpose to my life. My mother is loves her grandmotherly role, and plays it too the HILT. I expected that, of course... She's been waiting for him since I ceased being a toddler :rolleyes: I would expect that becoming a grandparent has to be so special since you can see yourself, and your child in this new person. Plus, there is a special bond that grandparents tend to share with their grandkids. I wish you and your growing family all of life's best! Congrats, and put me down for a fine Cuban seeeegarrrrr please... :D :D :D

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

That's great Ted! I know we're around the same age. But it'll be a long time, I hope, before I am a grandpa. I look FORWARD to it. My two boys are 11 and 9 and give me a real purpose in this life. All the best to you Tedster!!

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Great balls of fire, Ted's gonna be a grampa! Congratulations. My only question is, will your post count come to an abrupt halt after 5500+ posts after the baby comes? Seems to me you'll have a special little guy to encourage, enrich, and teach all the wonderful things you've spoken of here. We'll miss you, buddy! ;) :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

The last time I smoked a cigar was at Sandstone, er... Varizon Can You Hear Me Now Ampitheatre. Let's hope they don't cancel Tom Petty-Jackson Browne in August. In the absence of Cuban, I'll have Jamaican or some other Caribbean blend. BTW, Valky, was that a Tascam blue pushup bubblegum stogie? What a lucky kid to have a grandpa like you, Ted. "He not busy being born is busy dyin'". - Dylan Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

The last time I smoked a cigar was at Sandstone, er... Varizon Can You Hear Me Now Ampitheatre. Let's hope they don't cancel Tom Petty-Jackson Browne in August. In the absence of Cuban, I'll have Jamaican or some other Caribbean blend. BTW, Valky, was that a Tascam blue pushup bubblegum stogie? What a lucky kid to have a grandpa like you, Ted. "He not busy being born is busy dyin'". - Dylan Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Congrats Tedster. Grandkids are cool. My grandson's been here for a four day visit. We've had a real cool time. He's going home in a few hours. That's cool too. ;) Grandpa's pooped out.

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Well, my son's girlfriend went in the hospital last night. I'm going to be GRANDPA Tedster!!! But, she's going through the long labor thing. Sheesh...poor kid. :( So we're sitting on pins and needles. Going back to the hospital soon...no change...irregular contractions. Will let you all know ASAP. And, state your preference of tobacco or bubblegum cigar. :D [/b][/quote]Grandpa' TED congrats! I know how you feel, I'm 44 and I have 4 grand kids, it's a great JOY :love: !

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

GOOD LORD!!!! Alisha went into the hospital Friday night. After a whole night of irregular and rather weak contractions...and only being dilated to 1 cm...they sent her home for a bit. Well, the irregular contractions continued all yesterday and last night (during which time they were timing them, and in touch with the hospital). They were finally strong enough to take her back in this morning. When they got there, she was still only dilated to 4 cm. So they broke her water, and gave her some meds to help the labor along. I finally came back home to pick some stuff up. When I left, she was still just about 6 cm. So, good gravy...this is for the birds. Hope that little gipper gets here soon. YIKES!!! And thanks so much all, for the kind words and wishes!

Ah ha! So this is going to be a "refresh refresh refresh" kinda night, then? Congratulations Tedster, I'm thrilled for you! Please update when you can. No cigar for me. I'd rather rock the baby and sniff his head for a few minutes. No diapers, though, thanks. My 3 in diapers are enough! Julie Tapping my fingers....
Julie

[quote]Originally posted by iBotch: [b]A hearty advance "Congrats!", Ted! You know you'll give the kid a better head start on life with a keyboard instead of a guitar, don't you? :D :D :love: :thu: [/b][/quote]Yeah...I'm still waiting for my son, who showed promise as a keyboard player, to get back into it. He's too busy playing drums now. But that's okay, I just wish he'd get back to tickling those ivories, ya know.

Archived