Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonar and Pasting, what's up?

So I want to say I am very grateful to the effert you have made to inform engineers about music making, and I mean everyone. That said HHEELLPP! Sonar is making me think bad thoughts about people I know nothing about. (the programmers at Twelve Tone Systems to be exact) Get this I copy a section of one shot loop samples, (bass drum pattern). I set the now line to where I want it copied, hit the button and boom, its pasted a click or two from the now line. In some cases not even close IMO to the now line. :cry: So I pay close attention to what the now line says in the toolbar and what the "start at" box in the paste dialog window says and find out that they don't even coincide and worse Sonar doesn't even paste to where the "start at" position was! :cry: :mad: So I pray I am a fool about his frolic and you good people can set me straight or that if it is a bug that it gets fixed in the next update or someone has a simple work around. :confused:

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

(ASV)

Jamey

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry guys but non of that is the problem, "been there done it". It has to do with where Sonar is putting the paste and it not being on the now line. I had hoped that it is a setting problem but I really doubt it because I am a pretty proficient user but sometimes things get overlooked. Oh and I am using 2.0 XL.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

(ASV)

Jamey

Well I have 2.0 XL, and have no problems doing that. I've noticed that Sonar is particular about certain things, and not as intuitive as one would think. There's got to be something that is causing that.
I really don't know what to put here.

Check this out now line shows 00:03:16:08, I past to 00:03:16:11 to compensate for the problem Sonar pastes the material at 00:03:16:04. :eek: I have been all over the preferences this is a Sonar only, XP rig with an Intel MOBO and P4 1.5 Processor, 256M, Delta 44, Soundblater Live (MIDI only). Anyway I think this could be a bug, because you will never know it as long as you drag everything from explorer, but just drag a kick drum pattern, highlight it, copy it, and try to paste it and see what happens. OUT-SYNC!

(ASV)

Jamey

<> I've pasted at the now line a zillion times and it has always worked like it's supposed to. I just booted up Sonar on my other computer to see what could be causing your problem. In the Paste menu, see if the Starting at Time parameter matches the placement of the Now line. If not, enter the value where you want to paste the clip and see what happens. Also see if the Align to Measures parameter is checked.

• 2 weeks later...
HEY!! I think I finally have your answer. Look at the Snap to Grid options. I bet the "Snap to Audio Zero Crossings" box is checked. This remains in effect even if Snap to Grid is turned off. What's happening is you THINK you're placing the Now line in a particular place, but instead, the Now line has moved to the nearest zero crossing. Uncheck this box and see what happens.

Archived