Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

In-Ear monitors

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure on the going price, but check out the Shure PSM400 systems. With or without the 4 channel thru mixer, these are a great buy for sound and reliability.. so long as you go wireless. If you buy the wired version, treat the ear-piece cables with kid gloves. You can get good price quotes off the web at Mars Music online, Musician's Friend online, etc.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I second the psm400. The 600 is a little better in build quality but the 400 is good enough and has more frequencies to use. Either one needs a new earphone the shure e1 is pretty crappy. I like the future sonics. PSM400= $6-800 depending on who you know Future sonics = $179 Shure customs= $600 if you really need em. Frost

The Cheapies arent worth it..If you are looking at a GREAT system to start out with that will not kill your wallet I suggest you check out the Sennheiser IEM300 series..the come with the New Futuresonics Universal In Ear Buds, and I can tell you they sound great and are comfortable enough to use all night. My whole band went this route and we're all very happy about it. My Bass player is the manager at [url=http://www.Musiciansbuy.com.]www.Musiciansbuy.com.[/url] His name is Bob..Tell him Sean Mormelo told you to ask about the Sennheiser in Ears...He'll get you the bottom line best price as well. They will also do a deal if you are really cheap and broke with the Nady system coupled with the Futursonics Ear Buds...I dig the Heavy Duty Pro Sennheiser system with the Futursonics though..You are looking at around 6 bills or so, and it will sound Heads and tails better then a comparable SHURE system with thier Ear Buds....

Sean Michael Mormelo

www.seanmmormelo.com

I haven't used the Sennheiser IEM's, but the inclusion of Futuresonics buds is great, and Senn wireless systems are the best money can buy in most price points. The metal construction alone is great, but their belt packs are far and away the most intelligent designs out there. (Easy access to controls while protecting you from making typical goofball mistakes during a gig, such as mistaking the mute and power buttons. Won't happen with the Senn.) Backlit receiver displays, large LCD display on low price point line... They redirected the MI wireless industry 3 years ago. Slightly OT. Sennheiser apparently bought up X-Wire to develop their digital wireless system. There's no other wireless to own for acoustic instruments with high quality pickup/mic systems. The transmitted signal is computer code. (Duh, I guess! ;) ) This eliminates the compression found on all other wireless systems. (An artifact of the compression/expansion system used to ensure a strong analog signal is transmitted, a la FM radio.)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived