Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do You Have Favorite Keys To Play In?

Edendude

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously love the key of A, especially in standard tuning. Partly, I'm more familiar with it, and I associate playing and knowing so many songs in the key of A. I suppose that also goes along with a huge spot in my heart for good ol' rock and roll, and all those "blues riffs in A". Mmm... my mouth waters just thinking about it!

By the way, about the color...I associate gold and brown colorations with A. I understand that part of it is relative, and I understand this, but part of it does stem from the tibre of the notes and the open strings that I play when playing in A, I think. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. Either way, I love A.

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

Originally posted by rocksynthman:

As edendude stated i can tune my bass without a tuner but the only colors i see are from the par cans

WAAAAY OT: You have one of the nicest Avatars! I actually saw her preformaning(on TV) and thought she was a lot older than she was. I cant believe her parents let her outta the house like that :D:eek:

*Back to your regularly scheduled thread*

for rock songs, ive been liking D recently. Not like crappy dropped D nu-metal crap. It seems that D is pretty versitile. Some of the slap stuff ive come up with sounds good in it, and you can make some pretty heavy tool like riffs.

C is also good for a jaco like sound to a piece.

We distort. You abide.

And the name of my tone row band will be the "Do-decaphones!"

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Originally posted by Edendude:

What I'm talking about is the 'emotional' or 'psychological' side of how the sound or colour or texture of different keys affect the way you feel, regardless of the other qualities of the music you are playing. And how it feels to play that key with respect to the physical 'feel' of it in your hands, too.

Oh, trust me. Things get pretty "emotional" and "psychological" when I start missing a bunch of notes in Ab. :)

Archived