Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

recorded two songs last night. take a listen.

Tuomas

Yea. Yesterday our band guitarist called and asked if we can record some demo songs. And just like that, we did. We recorded these by our selves, and i think that the quality is OK. These are demo versions, but i doubt that the final versions will be better :D

There is some minor screw-ups but i think the songs are overall pretty fine. keeping in mind that they were recorded in about 3 hours.

But anyway, tell me what you think.

Thanks.

http://www.kaantopiiri.com/jermaine/jermaine_-_daycare_devotion.mp3

http://www.kaantopiiri.com/jermaine/jermaine_-_papers_torn.mp3

Don't eat yellow snow.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I definitely hear a Rush influence in this. Especially in the day care devotion. not so much in Papers Torn. Nice!

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Originally posted by mound:

I definitely hear a Rush influence in this. Especially in the day care devotion. not so much in Papers Torn. Nice!

Thats funny because none of us listens to Rush. :freak: But thank you anyway.
Don't eat yellow snow.

something about the vocal especially, in day care devotion that just has RUSH written all over it!

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

I like both songs but my favorite would be Papers Torn. The intro rhythm for Paper Torn rocks.

The first song sounded like Placebo especially the vocals and bass.

Me <- Placebo fan

For 3 hours, thats a great demo!

And the drum sounds really well balanced.

Archived