Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM

_Sweet Willie_

Yo!

Who's going to NAMM later this month?

I'm not, but I'm always curious to know who's going and hearing about it afterwards.

Wally?

Jeremy?

Adrian?

Bob G.?

Mike Dimin?

Steve Lawson?

Trip?

I'm sure Whappo will be there, sharing all that is groova-tasteriffic about AccuG cabs. Will a proto of the upcoming Lawson powered cab be ready? What about that nifty impedance-changing device, making an 8-ohm cab a 4-ohm cab (and vice-versa) with a flick of a switch?

Peace.

--sweet'n'low

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is it? I would like to go.

Do you have to be special to go?

:wave:

http://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/blue.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/black.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/fuscia.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/grey.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/orange.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/purple.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/red.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/yellow.JPG

You have to get tickets to go, and it's in California. San Francisco, I think? A music store owner here in town has graciously offered his tickets to any members of our band that might be interested in going, but my work schedule is probably too busy for me to go. :(

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I'd LOVE to go, as I've never been and hear it's fun times. I unfortunately don't have a magic pass to get in.

Can your good friend, Mr. Lull, help you out? You've dumped enough money in his coffers to warrant a pass, don't you think, Mr. Waitin'-fo'-my-purple-P-bass? ;)

I seem to remember Jeremy posting something about knowing a secret password or something that he couldn't share without facing the pain of death... :eek::D

I thought winter NAMM was held in Anaheim, CA, but maybe the site rotates? I think summer NAMM is leaving Nashville to go back and forth between Indianapolis and somewhere else.

spreadluv

Winter NAMM is in Anaheim these days-- we'll be wandering about, dazed and confused, on Thursday and Friday, see you there, Mike.

I'm looking forward to getting out of Dodge-- I need a vaca!!

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Originally posted by jeremyc:

And you need to know the secret password to get in.

It's not, "I'm with the band, man". I've tried. It doesn't work.
Have you tried, "I'm with Mike Lull, man"?

Or "I'm with Whappo"? ;)

spreadluv

Originally posted by PickPunk:

What are the dates for NAMM? I wont be able to go but I'd like to know so i can check some manufacturer websites for their new namm products.

Jan 15-18.

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

I'm sure Whappo will be there, sharing all that is groova-tasteriffic about AccuG cabs. ...What about that nifty impedance-changing device, making an 8-ohm cab a 4-ohm cab (and vice-versa) with a flick of a switch?

C'mon, Whappo, you out there? Can you tell us something about the "AccuSwitch"? Can you preview anything for us in advance that we can expect to see or hear about from AccuGroove?

Signor Dimin, is there anything new coming from our compadres at Euphonic Audio? Will the 210NL cabs be there? (Were they there at the last summer or winter NAMM shows?)

Personally, if EA has a demo model of an iAmp 800 and AccuG has a demo Tri-112 that need to be retired after the show, just drop me a line and I'd be happy to do you a service and take them off your hands -- and I won't even charge you! ;):D

Peace.

--Willie

spreadluv

I'm sure Whappo will be there, sharing all that is groova-tasteriffic about AccuG cabs. ...What about that nifty impedance-changing device, making an 8-ohm cab a 4-ohm cab (and vice-versa) with a flick of a switch?

C'mon, Whappo, you out there? Can you tell us something about the "AccuSwitch"? Can you preview anything for us in advance that we can expect to see or hear about from AccuGroove?

Signor Dimin, is there anything new coming from our compadres at Euphonic Audio? Will the 210NL cabs be there? (Were they there at the last summer or winter NAMM shows?)

Personally, if EA has a demo model of an iAmp 800 and AccuG has a demo Tri-112 that need to retired after the show, just drop me a line and I'd be happy to do you a service and take them off your hands -- and I won't even charge you! ;):D

Peace.

--Willie

Well we will have some NL-210's at the show (just like the one sitting about 3 feet from me), some 800's, Roger Sadowsky will have an 800 combo in his booth, and of course we'll be introducing the brand new, super light, super powerful ....

Mike

(actually it is not that much of a secret)

Originally posted by Steve Lawson:

I'll be there, playing for AccuGroove and Modulus, as well as playing at The Bass Bash on the Thursday and in the Marriott on the Saturday. Neither of those evening events require a NAMM pass, if you're in the area...

come say hi!

Steve

Steve,

Why has there been no announcments, etc for the Bass Bash. Dan mentioned some things during Bass Quake, but it seems strange that no official announcement has been made

Mike

Thanks, Mike, for raising my curiosity! ;):D Are those 210NL cabs as tasty as Bob G says they are?

Yup, 57p, there is an "AccuSwitch" -- I saw a press release over at Harmony Central. I'm completely intrigued. I'm hoping Whappo will hop in and say a few words before he packs up and heads down to NAMM.

spreadluv

Will a proto of the upcoming Lawson powered cab be ready? What about that nifty impedance-changing device, making an 8-ohm cab a 4-ohm cab (and vice-versa) with a flick of a switch?
The amazing Mr. Steve Lawson, will indeed be a groovin thang with the prototypes of his new powered Signature cabs.

Yes, the AccuSwitch is real! You can have two cabinets in one by changing the cab from a 8 Ohm box to a 4 Ohm just by flipping the AccuSwitch. There is not change in sound what so ever.

It will be a standard feature on the following cabinets starting with the NAMM show:

El Whappo

Whappo Jr. (now w/ lightweight Neo speakers)

Bill Dickens Signature 212

Bill Dickens Signature Sub

Tri 210L (w/ lightweight Neo speakers)

Hope this helps. By the way, I look forward to seeing the talented Mike Dimin & Bob G. there as well.

Mark

AccuGroove.com

Why has there been no announcments, etc for the Bass Bash.
Here ya go...

BassQuake NAMM Summit

When:

Thursday, January 15, 7:30pm

Where:

JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery

2610 East Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA

714-634-9200

Performances by:

Steve Lawson

Adam Nitti

Jake Kot

Greta Brinkman

Trip Wamsley

Discussion panel in the middle

Free admission thanks to the following sponsors:

Accugroove, Carvin, Gallien-Krueger, Glockenklang, Modulus Guitars, SWR, Zon Guitars, Phonic, Shure, Horizon Cables, Music Dojo and International Institute of Bassists.

NAMM passes are not required.

Mark

AccuGroove.com

Originally posted by Whappo:

Why has there been no announcments, etc for the Bass Bash.
Here ya go...

BassQuake NAMM Summit

When:

Thursday, January 15, 7:30pm

Where:

JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery

2610 East Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA

714-634-9200

Performances by:

Steve Lawson

Adam Nitti

Jake Kot

Greta Brinkman

Trip Wamsley

Discussion panel in the middle

Free admission thanks to the following sponsors:

Accugroove, Carvin, Gallien-Krueger, Glockenklang, Modulus Guitars, SWR, Zon Guitars, Phonic, Shure, Horizon Cables, Music Dojo and International Institute of Bassists.

NAMM passes are not required.

Mark

AccuGroove.com

Mark,

Thanks, who is bringing the Ice Cream (hint, hint)

Mike

Mark, Thanks, who is bringing the Ice Cream (hint, hint), Mike
You remember that uh...Mr. D?

You sir, along with that Willie character, have a standing invitation for home made ice cream. Next time, I'll throw in some of my award winning BBQ as well. :thu:

Mark

AccuGroove.com

Got to the Lowdown late tonight. Good to see that Mark covered the info for the BassQuake NAMM Summit. Something that I haven't announced here yet is that I'm working with BassQuake. There may possibly be a few more surprises that we will know about within the next day or two. I'll keep you all posted. Hope to see some of you there.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

The official press release.

BassQuake NAMM Summit 2004

Returning to Anaheim for it's second year is the BassQuake NAMM Summit, previously known as the Anaheim Bass Bash. It'll be held on Thursday, January 15th starting at 7:30 p.m. at JT Schmid's Restaurant and Brewery, 2610 East Katella about 1 mile east of the Anaheim Convention Center. This year's bass performers include Brian Bromberg, Adam Nitti, Greta Brinkman, Jake Kot, Steve Lawson, and Trip Wamsley. Additional performers will be added. New for this year will be a one hour panel discussion with the performers. Admission is free and NAMM passes are not required.

Due to the unstable nature of NAMM, the artist lineup is subject to change without notice.

For further info, visit www.BassQuake.org

Wally Malone

wally@bassquake.org

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Archived