Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone used the old Fostex 820 board?

I need a basic board mostly for live recording. Something I'm not afraid to throw in the back of a truck, so to speak. Anyone familiar with the Fostex 820 20ch console? How are the preamps? How is the noise and the EQ? Thanks.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know but I do have a fostex board, a Fostex 2440.... if that is any indicator of general fostex quality, you are in good shape. How is the noise - what noise? How are the preamps - to my ear, great, but who knows , I record mostly synths and only used the preamps on a RÖDE NT3 mic... workes fine. My main *love* with it is - seemingly infinite headroom - noise - whats that? /Z

I had an Fostex 812 board, which I'm pretty sure is the little brother of the 820. I bought it because it was pretty full featured. Good routing for analog recording, flexible EQ. Shame about the sound tho. Sorry, can't recommend it - sonically a small Mackie is light years ahead. Probably my second worse audio purchase - I was glad to be rid of it.... js

Archived