Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Beatles Debate?

Hmmm...ya know how the "mixologists" will take tunes and remix them? I wonder what sort of evil potion you could concoct with some old Andy Gibb and Gangsta Rap? I mean, next time the guy is on a "yeah yeah yeah" fest, nonstop for 14 hours, just blare some Gibbsta at him.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]just blare some Gibbsta at him.[/b][/quote]Love is deeper than water in a driveby... How Deep is my love in da hood... BeeGeesta LMAO
Yes, I do know everything.... I just can't remember it all at one time.

[quote]Originally posted by alcohol: [b]There is an acid test for people with tin ears: They don't like the Beatles![/b][/quote]If you can't hear how out of the tune the Beatles often are in a technical/academic sense, you really do have tin ears...but if you can't hear how GOOD and musically appropriate it sounds, maybe you have a tin soul! :D We had this discussion on another thread or two. There's no way to make overall judgements for all people. I've never heard any rock band at any volume that sports that blinding brass balls live of a certain Gypsy horn band I saw live in the former Yugoslavia. It's not impossible that the golden-brown belly-dancing lady singing "ti si moja chokolada" or the influence of the finest sticky black oils of southern lands snuck past blue-helmeted warriors, seran-wrapped to the genitalia of a brave young idealist, heavily influence my judgement but regardeless let's cut some slack to the different trips people are on. :D -Bobro

I have no problem listening to Hey Jude 10 times in a row (35 yrs. later). "Hey Bulldog & "All Together Now" 5 times in a row, "Hello Goodbye" 3 times in a row. "A Day in the Life" once...it's such a special experience (sonically as well) that one special time a week does it. If I worked with you, you'd hate me! (tons of Genesis & Gabriel too ) Song #10 on Macca's new CD rocks. Dean

ANY music can get old with repeated listening including The Beatles. There has has never been, however, any pop act in history that has had as many truley great songs as The Beatles. Their songwriting skills have no equal. George Martin had a large influence but only dressed the songs that Lennon, McCartney and Harrison wrote.

Yeah, look at it this way, Jcg2002... It could be worse. Your co-worker could have the local "lite rock" station on so you'd hear the same Celine Dion, Phil Collins, and Elton John songs three times an hour...or the local "prep rock" station on that plays that stupid Nickelback song three times an hour...or the local "classic rock" station on that plays the same Boston, Foreigner, and Skynrd songs three times an hour... Or, the local smooth jazz station, where they only have three songs and they all sound the same...HAHAHAHAHAHA...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Yes it could be worse.But people who confine themselves to one type of music really annoy me.I don't know why.I guess it's a pet peeve.So I 'll kill two birds with one stone here.Count this one on the other thread too. :D
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

Archived