Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I am looking for an empty 10" cab

57pbass

I have an SWR 10" speaker and I would like to install it in a speaker cabinet. I assume its an 8 ohm speaker.. I picked it up at Sam Ash for $10.00..It looks brand new....

Are there any companies that make empty speaker cabs?

Thanks...

www.danielprine.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, for emergencies and as a lender I have a double-driver piezo horn I ordered over the web for $11 - it's mounted in a utility-knifed cutout in the box it was shipped in 8"x4"x6" - UPS label still on it, packing peanuts still in it - the plastic horn held in by ... DUCT TAPE.

Of course it isn't like this is going to make any back pressure or rattle anything.

Sounds like you're looking for a small cabinet (1 10"). For bass, you'll need something "ported" to capture the lows. A sealed cabinet wouldn't handle the lows, unless it's REALLY large.

My Bassman 25 has 2 ports (different sizes/resonant-frequencies).

There's web-sites that have info on building your own cabinet. You start with the specs for your speaker (it matters!), specify what frequency response you want, etc. I've even seen downloadable software to do the calculations.

PhilMan99: My Bassman 25 has 2 ports (different sizes/resonant-frequencies).
Unless one of the ports is servicing a box that's built within the main box, the two ports simply operate as one port, tuning one box.

If you want to make your own cab, just call eminence speakers and ask to speak to an engineer. They will use their software and calculate the exact interior measurments and tell you exactly how to tune and port. The materials for a single 10" speaker enclosure would be fairly inexpensive. Plus you can mke it out of what every you want.
I didn't come here to play. I came here to make babies.

Archived