Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MP3 questions??????

Hey guys, I have some questions.I took a tune recorded on my Tascam 788 ,sent it to Cakewalk on my pc,did a little tweaking,and then encoded it to mp3,using a trial encoder included in Cakewalk 9.0.Okay,why did my mixdown settings in Cakewalk not apply to the mp3.Everthing ended up being panned hard right and hard left.Why?Also for you guys who use mp3.com ,I submitted the tune .They said it would be several days for approval.How long is several days?Does the approval time vary?Also is there a better place to post songs? better than mp3.com? Thanks, James
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by jgc2002: [b]Hey guys, I have some questions.I took a tune recorded on my Tascam 788 ,sent it to Cakewalk on my pc,did a little tweaking,and then encoded it to mp3,using a trial encoder included in Cakewalk 9.0.Okay,why did my mixdown settings in Cakewalk not apply to the mp3.Everthing ended up being panned hard right and hard left.Why?Also for you guys who use mp3.com ,I submitted the tune .They said it would be several days for approval.How long is several days?Does the approval time vary?Also is there a better place to post songs? better than mp3.com? Thanks, James[/b][/quote]I just posted my artist on MP3.com. I did it two days ago and it is still pending. I don't know of any other place (maybe CDbaby.com?), so I'm going to check it out.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

MP3 will take several days for a song to be approved and in place unless you pay for the premium service. Then it's about a day. IUMA is much faster, vertually at once, if it's always like my situation with them. Check them out too.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Thanks Dak, I just went there the artist page is down right now ,they are moving files to a new server.I'll try back later.Thanks. :wave:
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

[quote]Originally posted by jgc2002: [b]Hey guys, I have some questions.I took a tune recorded on my Tascam 788 ,sent it to Cakewalk on my pc,did a little tweaking,and then encoded it to mp3,using a trial encoder included in Cakewalk 9.0.Okay,why did my mixdown settings in Cakewalk not apply to the mp3.Everthing ended up being panned hard right and hard left.Why?Also for you guys who use mp3.com ,I submitted the tune .They said it would be several days for approval.How long is several days?Does the approval time vary?Also is there a better place to post songs? better than mp3.com? Thanks, James[/b][/quote]The cakewalk answer is an unknown to me, but it will probably be solved by RTFM. For what it is, mp3.com is pretty fucking awesome. It's FREE. Some people that you've NEVER met, are letting you use an eeny teeny weeny bit of their property for FREE. Yes they get .01% of .01% of .01% from advertisers IF you click some banners. And we've all seen how successful that's been. YOU are not paying a penny to maintain their servers. YOU are not paying the STAFF that is forced to actually LISTEN to your song, a song that, if memory serves, has been improperly encoded . You are not paying the workers comp that results from the improperly encoded song momentarily shocking the minimum wage "song evaluator" who, startled, spills her Red Bull on the floor, which an unaware co-worker then slips on. He then grasps for the nearest thing he can find, a CRT, displaying this forum, with your question on it. The irony dripping, the last thing he sees before the monitor bludgeons his head is your post, asking the question why it takes so long for MP3.COM to approve a song. A shorter answer might've been: They listen to most of the crap that's submitted to cover their asses. They're under-staffed and under-paid. They'll NEVER MAKE A DIME OFF OF YOU. The gamble they took (you know, the whole DOT COM thing) didn't pay off and they're doing what they can to scrape buy while the whole fucking music industry is falling apart. I guess the PC answer would've been: "Gee, one time it took me 22 days to get a song approved on mp3.com (true). I guess they must be a bunch of fucking idiots." What do you want for nothing? Frank Salazar, Audio Hack.

Spigots, Didn't mean to ruffle feathers.I was just asking questions? mp3.com looked pretty good to me I was just checking to see if anyone knew of any alternantives. That's not a bad idea the way I think to check your options. :D

• 2 weeks later...
[url=http://www.epitonic.com]www.epitonic.com[/url] is also pretty good but I'm not clear on how you sign up to promote your music. I use it to find new music :thu:

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table."

-Mitch Hedberg

JGC2002, Check out cdbaby.com. I like the way they're set up, and will be using their services pretty soon. Jedi Hey Dak, sorry you didn't get none of the good stuff for Father's day. :D

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

Archived