Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digitech Bass Wah

DJ-Wood

Hello everyone,

(My first post!) :wave:

I have a question regarding the Digitech Bass Wah pedal. I live in the UK, and have been told that the company that supplies Digitech products has gone into receivership, and that Fender will now be distributing all Digitech products.

I found a website that (I thought) was selling this pedal, and so purchased it. It was, however, the guitar version, and not the Bass (d'oh!)

So, my two questions are: does anyone in the UK know how quickly Fender will begin distributing Digitech products (all of the music shops in London no longer have this one in stock.)

And secondly, I am now the proud owner of a Digitech GUITAR synth wah - do any of you have any experience of using guitar effects on bass? Or does it sound awful? (Haven't taken it out of the box yet, was planning on returning it for a refund)

Many thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DJ-Wood:

Hello everyone,

(My first post!) :wave:

Hello!

I have a question regarding the Digitech Bass Wah pedal. I live in the UK, and have been told that the company that supplies Digitech products has gone into receivership, and that Fender will now be distributing all Digitech products.

That's the Arbiter Group - I don't think they've gone into receivership but I do know that they're no longer the Fender distributor.

So, my two questions are: does anyone in the UK know how quickly Fender will begin distributing Digitech products (all of the music shops in London no longer have this one in stock.)

No idea, but GAK in Brighton appear to have the Bass Synth Wah in stock and they're one of the cheapest shops I've come across:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/prodlist.php?category=FX/Pedals#Digitech

And secondly, I am now the proud owner of a Digitech GUITAR synth wah - do any of you have any experience of using guitar effects on bass? Or does it sound awful? (Haven't taken it out of the box yet, was planning on returning it for a refund)

Some sound great but I'd be wary of using this one on bass. For starters it's a filter pedal and therefore the filter sweep will be voiced too high for bass, secondly it's a digital pedal and therefore will sound nasty if overloaded by the higher signal levels that basses typically put out, and thirdly there is a dedicated bass version available which is really rather good.

Alex

Hey,

Thanks for your responses guys, I phoned the shop in Brighton but unfortunately they too have no more stock left of this item! :cry:

I sort of suspected that the guitar version of the pedal might not cope too well with a bass signal ... ah well, just have to wait until a fresh supply of these things shows up (if anyone knows of any shops in the UK that currently has one in stock - I'd be very grateful!)

Thanks again,

David

Its ok everyone, you can stop searching! ;)

Picked up a digitech bass synth from Soho Soundhouse yesterday, tried it out in rehearsal with the band last night - everyone loved it!

This is the first effect I've ever used - think I'm going to invest in a distortion pedal next ...

Archived