Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

good signal splitter for bass

SF audio

I'm looking to split my bass signal so I can go both direct and mic'd. The morley A/B boxes look OK, but I suspect noise/poor performance. What's a good, solid, quiet, and hum free splitter for around $100 or so?

thanks

The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most DI's have a direct out. A relatively inexpensive option is the Countryman DI. Around $100, It gives you a balanced out as well as a passive high impedance out that plugs into your amp. You shouldn't need a separate splitter.

Dave Martin

Java Jive Studio

Nashville, TN

www.javajivestudio.com

Cuppa Joe Records

www.cuppajoerecords.com

Originally posted by greenboy:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why do you need a splitter for this? The mic would go to its own mixing board channel anyway.

I'm running my bass into a vintech dual 72, and I'd like to mic my bass amp at the same time. The country man looks nice, but maybe I'd something a little more fancy.....?
The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

Well, if you just want to spend the money, you could look at one of the re-amp boxes, Littlelabs makes one, as does Radial and John Cuniberti's "Re-Amp". All of those will convert a line level back to a level appropriate for an amp.

Or you might simply try a passive splitter (or a 'Y' cord) before you go into the Vintech.

Dave Martin

Java Jive Studio

Nashville, TN

www.javajivestudio.com

Cuppa Joe Records

www.cuppajoerecords.com

Archived