Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Jason Becker

If any of you need an inspiring story, read this interview. For those of you who don't know, Jason Becker was a prodigy. At 16, he was signed to Shrapnel records and teamed up with Marty Friedman in Cacophny. He then went on to Join David Lee Roth's band. Sadly, in 1990, he was stricken with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease. He was only given 3-5 years left to live. 13 years later, he is still kicking, so to speak, and still has his sense of humor. I was, and still am, a huge fan of his. After watching my grandmother waste away from the same disease, I know what his family is going through and have a sense of what he is going through.

This interview is done in Metal Sludge style, which is off-color and humorous, but it was done in good spirit. Just when you think life isn't going so great for you, you need something like this to make you realize that your problems are minor. Enjoy.

Jason Becker Interview

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard some of Becker's stuff with Marty Friedman. Their Cacophony project was definitely a fresh approach to metal guitar shred for its time. I wish he could've gone on longer with Dave Lee Roth.

The one guy I really miss from metaldom is Chuck Schuldiner . He's considered to be one of the forefathers of death metal.

JASON BECKER.....A very familar name in my mind because i follow exstreme guitarist such as he and others such as,greg howe,tony mcalpine(also a great pianoist as well)vinnie moore,ritchie kotzen,goerge lynch,micheal angelo,paul gilbert,and it is really sad to see that happen to long working ,talented guitarist,I follow them deaply just as I do bass.
Pete Combs...

Archived