Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hooked on forums worked for me!!!

rub_a_dub_stylie

Just wanted to give props to y`all. Ever since I`ve been back on the forums here I feel somehow inspried and I`m practicing more. So, Willie, DBB, Frontline, Bump and all the rest who have lent a kind word or two, thanks.

I think this fretboard cleaner has gone to my head.

And, by the way, I checked Willie, there is no past thread with this topic.

Snoogins

Nothing you do in life is ever wrong, some things just aren`t exactly right. Or some crap like that.

www.richfieldmusic.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for being so nice, and for checking the archives.

We've talked before about just how human bass players are!

Anyway, (as a somewhat archivist) I have found a few threads where this topic has been discussed.

Thank you Thread.

Thank you All

Sending out my thanks

:D:D:D

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

I agree!! I just joined the forum, because I'm sick of not being able to talk abut bass, and, I've been practicing more too. But, I miss the summer when I would spend all night and day with my bass and now, since I've started College, my nights are piled with homework and my days with school, which means only about 2 hours with my bass, and I miss the long summer days we'd spend together...ha ha...But, there are weekends!!!

Keep practicing!!!

Big man, pig man!

Ha ha Charade You Are!

You well heeled big wheel...

Ha ha charade you are...

You're nearly a laugh, but you're really a cry!

(Pink Floyd, Pigs)

Originally posted by davebrownbass:

...Anyway, (as a somewhat archivist) I have found a few threads where this topic has been discussed.

Thank you Thread.

Thank you All

Sending out my thanks

DBB: Rawk on! :D

rub-a-dub-butcher-baker-candlestick-maker: Props to you for hanging in there despite some mild ribbing from some of us -- it might never stop :eek: . I think you'll continue to enjoy yourself here. :thu:

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Originally posted by davebrownbass:

...Anyway, (as a somewhat archivist) I have found a few threads where this topic has been discussed.

Thank you Thread.

Thank you All

Sending out my thanks

DBB: Rawk on! :D

rub-a-dub-butcher-baker-candlestick-maker: Props to you for hanging in there despite some mild ribbing from some of us -- it might never stop :eek: . I think you'll continue to enjoy yourself here. :thu:

Peace.

I don`t mind a little friendly jab now and then. I was the older brother and I think I deserve it.

And I`ll keep coming back.

P.S. I`m in the studio on Sun. with my new band WOO HOO!! It`s a brand new studio owned by a friend of ours, state of the art. He wants to try out some new things he`s figured out, I`ll keep y`all posted. In the meantime check out some older songs I`ve played on, live, and let me know what you think. www.waddama.com

Nothing you do in life is ever wrong, some things just aren`t exactly right. Or some crap like that.

www.richfieldmusic.com

Originally posted by Roger Waters Girl:

...I've been practicing more too. But, I miss the summer when I would spend all night and day with my bass and now, since I've started College, my nights are piled with homework and my days with school, which means only about 2 hours with my bass, and I miss the long summer days we'd spend together...

My $0.02 worth:

Spend less time studying - or even attending class - and more time playing the bass.

This is probably your only chance in life to have - more or less - adult freedom without all the responsibilities.

When I was an undergraduate I became a very proficient snowboarder/windsurfer/surfer... and my transcripts reflected these priorities. I don't regret a single minute of it.

:)

C.V.: Snowboarder (1983-), Bass Owner (1996-), Chemistry Teacher (1997-) & Serious Bass Student (2003-)

Originally posted by MartinJ:

When I was an undergraduate I became a very proficient snowboarder/windsurfer/surfer... and my transcripts reflected these priorities. I don't regret a single minute of it.

As usual, I will happily jump into an off-topic thread! :D

MartinJ, I agree with you. College life is like no other. The combination of freedom and lack of responsibility without major reprecussion will never again be duplicated for the average person.

You can do both; effective study techniques combined with thoughtful expectation analysis will go a long way in most colleges and universities.

1. Learn to study, not just read. Going to the library and reading text is no subsitute for understanding the material. It is, in essence, a waste of time. If you must, take either a class on studying (there are such things) or buy a book on the subject. Every person has a different learning style, find yours and stick with it. Don't feel pressure if your peers are spending 20 hours a week in the library.

2. Learn what your professor expects. Meet expectations, get a good grade. Some professors (in my experience, the majority) love to hear their own theories regurgitated to them. Listen to them during class, and on essays emulate their theories and language.

Some say this is lazy, but I say it is efficient. This technique also lends itself to a smoother transition to the cruel, horrid, real world.

I graduated with high honors from a top state university with a heavy classload (145 credits in 4 years). I was extremely "social" during this time. I was more often found at Old Queens Tavern during their "$5 Bottomless Pint" special than the library. I was also playing in two bands. I also had a girlfriend (we all know how much time that takes up!).

The only draw back to college is the whole "being broke as a beggar in Bagdad" issue. :( Find rich parents and get adopted, and you're set! :D

Cheers!

Archived