Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Dak, I got the new Flatlanders CD.

Go get it man, It has got some very cool tunes,"Right where I belong" has got some of the best production of any Americana CD I have heard if you get it listen for the bicycle bell.And the saw on several songs it is too cool.It's a must have.
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for remembering. I'll be sure to look for it. If I can't find it local I should be able to find it on Dufflebag or CD now & etc. Can't wait. :wave:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

No problem,You might try [url=http://www.Lonestarmusic.com]www.Lonestarmusic.com[/url] , as well. :D :thu:
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

Hey Jim, I got the Flatlanders "Now Again" today. Good stuff. Man, the instrument work is fine. I didn't expect much from the vocals, knowing who is singing, but thry're better than I thought they'd be. Jimmie Dale sounds better on this album than he has in years & Ely just gets better with age & Butch is, well, Butch. Over all, I'm glad I got it. It's a really nice addition to my collection. I found it on Half.com for under 12 bucks including 1st class shipping. I'll look there for the 1st Flatlanders album. :thu:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Ely? As in Joe Ely? Is that what he's doing now? He was putting out some great rockabilly years ago...[/b][/quote]Yep, Joe Ely. Years ago, early '70's he got together with Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock & did an album. It was too far ahead of it's time & was released at some time or other & then shelved for years. It was re-discovered a few years or so ago, from what I gather & They got together again for a new shot. I absolutely love that early Texas Shit Kickin' Rock those guys've been puttin' out for years. Just for the hell of it, throw Rosie Flores in there too. There're others too but I can't think of the the name right now. Do a search & check out the samples.

Our Joint

Ted, You can't go wrong. Hit on [url=http://www.half.com]www.half.com[/url] & in the search window, do music & search for flatlanders. Luckyboy Entertainment has 'em NEW for under 10 bucks plus shipping. I'm going there in a bit to see if I can find the first album. I've heard cuts from it & it's good too. The "Now Again" flat ass grows on you in a hurry. These players are freaks they're so good... Ain't a bad track on the album.

Our Joint

Yeah Dak.It hadn't came out of my player since I got a couple weeks ago.The saw just kills me.I might have to try that on my cd.Yeah and I agree not a bad track on it.Butch is weak on vocals but it's easily compensated for by the every thing else goin on. :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by jgc2002: [b]Oh yeah what do ya think about the slide banjo?[/b][/quote]First time for everything. Love it! I didn't know it could be done, let alone someone actually do it. Took me awhile to figure out what it was. The dobro playing is so awesome it was hard to break away & hear what was going on with the other stuff. I ordered the remake of the first album. Same outfit, Luckyboy Entertainment. It'll be a NEW one too. "Tonight I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown" is worth the album all by itself. The "saw" is something that I got by accident on a tune I did and was trying to add a wee bit of chorus. It's pretty cool in the right place and time & on the cd it's spot on. On my version of "The Cold Hard Truth" it's not so spot on but still works. I've never figured out what happened. Thanks again for jabbin' me in the ribs...

Our Joint

No problem I'll jab ya again Ely has got a another album out well actually it's from like 2000 I think.I don't know the name of it I burned a copy from a buddy I 'll have to go buy it.It's got a Marty Robbins feel to it.He's got this flamenco guitarist playing on it with him."Gallo del Cielo" or however it's spelled is an awesome tune.I'll call my bud tomorrow and get the name of the album.It's another cool addition I think you would like it.JG

[quote]Originally posted by jgc2002: [b]"Gallo del Cielo" or however it's spelled is an awesome tune.JG[/b][/quote]I've heard that. It's a bitch I don't have the cap to buy all this great stuff. It's getting better but after the cancer, my wonderful lady getting downsized while I was in the hospital & me getting the shaft shortly after going back to work, funds are tight. I'll get that Ely thing as soon as I can, figuring you'll jab me with the name of the album. Ha! Thanks, J, now the Tedster has to get 'em & listen. It'll turn him into a shitkicker too.

Our Joint

YEEEHHAAAAA.Always love a convert.LOL.Come on over Ted.We don't bite but just watch where ya step. :wave:

Archived