Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bay Area Bands

mattski_dup1

ALLO! I'm originally a guitar player ( I normally play a 7 string ibanez, and focus on Jazz and Prog Metal [Dream Theater]) who has recently taken up bass. I know enough about the fret-board to sort of naturally pick up and jam on my bass (which is a 7 string as well). I'm lookin to put together a Prog-Metal band, and need a guitarist with some decent chops, and a good love of 80's influenced metal (buttrock all the way..har har..). I could also use a dedicated keyboardist. Anyone interested? I'm bassed in Antioch, by the way...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually I have a Galveston. I've never heard of the brand before, but I saw it at guitar center for half-price ($850 down from $1600) and said "that's a hell of a deal!" I was already looking for a 6 string, and felt that a 7 string would only benefit me in the even that i felt the urge to go higher, and OH LOOK! ANOTHER STRING! hehe

What is this thread about?

Mattski, are you looking for a guitarist and a keyboardist on a........bass forum?

What's up with that?

Meanwhile if you're in Antioch, go over to Los Medanos College and see who is hanging around at Mike Williams' classes. Maybe you'll find someone there, whatever instrument it is that you are looking for.

i was originally asking if anyone needed a bass player, and while i was typing i stuck in stuff about keyboardist or guitar for the sake of convenience. im principly a guitarist, so i didnt think it too unlikely that someone might read the thread and play somethin other than bass as well.

Mattski, forgive me for my misunderstanding. We've had a few strange, new posters this last few days, I thought you were one of them.

Jeremy's advice seems to be the best advice. Most of the rest of the posts were due to the sudden influx of strange posts.

We're not usually this unwelcoming, hope you forgive us and find your band!

Cup

Archived