Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rumours Gig Saturday

Wally Malone

For those of you living on the SF Peninsula I'll be playing with Rumours - a tribute to Fleetwood Mac at Horizons Bar & Grill, 270 Rock Away Beach Ave

Pacifica, CA (650)-557-0800. We'll be starting at 10 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Hope to meet some Lowdowners since I know that some of you live fairly close by.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wally, I wish I could get out to see Rumours! I've always been a Fleetwood Mac fan, & that John McVie sure put down one big, fat bottom on their music. Let me know the next time you guys play Wichita. ;)

Could you indulge me by telling me (or pointing me to a previous post of) what songs Rumours typically plays in an average set? Am I right in assuming that you emphasize the Nicks/Buckingham/McVie era more than the Peter Green era?

dcr, most of the tunes are from the Rumours era but we do some from the other incarnations as well. Here are the two sets that we play.

RUMOURS SET 1

THE CHAIN

DREAMS

DONT STOP

I DONT WANNA KNOW

SARA

2ND HAND NEWS

YOU MAKE LOVIN FUN

LEATHER & LACE

NEVER GOIN BACK

WORLD TURNING

BIG LOVE

GOLD DUST WOMAN

OVER MY HEAD

TUSK

STAND BACK

RUMOURS SET 2

SAY YOU LOVE ME

EVERYWHERE

SILVER SPRINGS

RHIANNON

HOLD ME

LITTLE LIES

OH, WELL

TELL ME ALL

SISTERS OF THE MOON

MONDAY MORNIN

GYPSY

STOP DRAGGIN

TEMPORARY ONE

LANDSLIDE

EDGE OF 17

GO YOUR OWN WAY

What, no "Blue Letter"? (Sorry, just bustin' your chops. ;) I love those straight-ahead Buckingham rockers, & you've got a few!)

Those look like a couple of great sets. Great coverage of tunes. It's show I'd really love to see. Thanks for the run-down!

And I'll bet "The Chain" is very fun to play with a 6-string through the El Whappo rig!! :eek: Cool way to open a show. :thu:

Pretty cool list!!!

Originally posted by dcr:

What, no "Blue Letter"?

I can't believe you said that !!! Blue Letter is one of my favorites (I forget who wrote it, but it wasn't F M ). I keep trying to get bands to do it, but it has such a low recognition-factor that I get shot down.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

What a pity! If that tune won't get folks on their feets, what will?? It's always been a favorite of mine, too. L.B. really understood rock & roll, & it shows in how he delivers songs like that one.

Hey, baby, when your day goes down

I won't be waitin' around for you

I I I I I I I I ain't waitin'.....

Wally - it's on the Fleetwood Mac album - the first with that famous lineup - with Rhiannon, Landslide, Say You Love Me, and (a favorite) Over My Head.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks dcr, I listened to it and didn't recognize hearing it before. I talked to the band leader earlier today and she said she's been trying to get her husband (Bucky Linsington) to do that one.

Wally

Archived