Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Rig - I think it will last, thanks

SteveC

Well, I think I finally have it. I know there are doubters out there, but I'm gonna try REALLY HARD to stop switching. Thank you for all your help, suggestions and continued G.A.S. support. If you want to know more, read on. If not, stop now.

Here's what I ended up with.

I have a brief case for my Boss tuner/mute pedal, wireless unit, leatherman, batteries, etc. I just set the pedal and wireless on top of my carpeted rack case. I have Velcro on the bottom of them so they stay in place. The 4 space rack has my SWR Grand Prix Preamp, DigiTech 256XL Multi Effects Processor, and my QSC PLX 1602 Power Amp. That sits on top of my SWR Goliath III 4X10 cabinet. Easy set up, and sounds good.

I kept the WM10 for home practice. That's still a great little amp.

My basses are a heavily modified 4 string jazz, my Lakland Skyline 5, and my Carvin fretless 6. Pics of everything are on my website.

One last itch - an Azola BugBass. I'm trying not to scratch.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a great setup Steve.

I'm pretty happy with my arsenal as well... although I have a feeling I'm going to miss my super-slapper tone in the M. Miller sig. that I just traded for the Ric. On the other hand.. I'm gaining the Ric tone.

Otherwise, I have an ASAT, P, Jazz, Frankenstein P/J... & soon a Ric. Anything the ASAT won't do (which isn't alot), the others can handle fine.

Amp-wise: GK heads (1001rb & 700rb backup) Ampeg cabs (410 & 15... Hartke/Ampeg 210...)

I have no complaints. (Read: I have no right to complain)

-Mike

...simply stating.

Archived