Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I little help about the new bridge I got...

Mike R.

I ordered a BA II and I'm getting a pro to do it for me. I want to put the bridge on at home and puting heavier gauge strings. The question is should I put the heavier strings on the bridge when I install the bridge at home (the same day)or should I just give him all the parts and swap the bridges, file it and adjust the neck for the increased gauge strings for me?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about the horrible question.......

With the badass II bridge you have to cut slots to fit each string. I do not know how to cut these slots and I want to put heavier gauge strings on, so I was trying to ask (but failed) should I put the bridge and heavier string gauges at home and have the repair guy adjust the neck and cut the slots when he gets it? or should I just give him him the parts and let him do everything?

I think I got it :thu:

Let him do everything.

Buy the strings from him as well. He probably could use the cash, and it never hurts to have a pro repair guy as a friend.

While he's at it, he should do a complete setup on the bass...checking out the neck relief and all.

You're gonna spend a hundred bucks, but it'll come back as sweet as it can possibly be.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Yeah, yeah, yeaaahhhhh...popcorn! DBB's on target here.

Let the tech take care of all of it for you. If you can, try to hang out with him when he works on your bass. That way you can learn a little something and have a better idea of what goes into making the mods that you have him do for you. In the end, I think it'll be worth the $$$ you pay him.

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

If you're getting all that done (by the pro), you probably should consider your nut too. Maybe a replacement is in order (brass?), maybe just adjusting it for the higher-gauge strings...

Since your bass will be in the shop anyway, the nut work shouldn't add much to the cost.

Originally posted by PhilMan99:

If you're getting all that done (by the pro), you probably should consider your nut too. Maybe a replacement is in order (brass?), maybe just adjusting it for the higher-gauge strings...

Since your bass will be in the shop anyway, the nut work shouldn't add much to the cost.

Whats wrong with my nuts? :D:D

Thanks for the advice :)

Archived