Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone playing Halloween in New Orleans?

Mr M Pulsive

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, because my band JUST broke up, I know that I will not be playing a gig that weekend. Unless... some other band should happen to beg me to join immediately! :D

But, if anyone around here does respond, I would love to go to that gig if possible and meet whoever shows up. I haven't had a chance to meet any other forum members yet.

Or, if you just need some suggestions for "happening" places to go hear music, I shall be glad to give you some suggestions, but it would be better to wait a couple of weeks before I start checking the club schedules.

Are you going to be in town Friday night and Saturday night? Which night is the bachelor party?

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

I don't know exact specifics, but I believe the plan is to leave early Friday morning/arrive Friday afternoon... then party party party... & head back on Sunday morning (or when we wake up & regroup.) :D

I'd love to meet some of you people if I get the chance.

-Mike

...simply stating.

gonna be there the weekend before, so i won't be making it then. will you be taking 65 to birmingham and 59 to NO, or will you take 40 from nashville to memphis and 55 to NO? if you go 65/59, you'll be driving through meridian, where i live. my wife and i are celebrating dia de los muertos this year (nov. 2), so you might get some nummy pan de muertos if you can find the time to stop by. i might be able to line up some sort of peavey tour, or at least get you into a few places around the company. there's not much to meridian, though.

robb.

robb -

I'm sure we'll be taking the 65/59 route, since 65 runs right through the middle of Louisville. I'm not sure how much time we'll have on the way back... it's not really my call. But if you can get me some more info, I might be able to talk the 5-10 guys going into stopping for a bite. :D

-Mike

...simply stating.

Hi Robb,

Since you are so close, I imagine you are probably in New Orleans a lot, so if you ever want to meet for coffee or something, please let me know!

I'd love to hear all about your bass playing and about Peavey too! :D

... connie z

I'm not playing Nawlin's on Halloween, but I am playing Seattle. Details will follow when I actually know the venue. The band that I'm playing in is the grunge cover band that I've been with for a while. Fun stuff. None more rockin, easy tunes.

But nobody ever hears him

or the sounds he appears to make

and he never seems to notice

But the fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

and the eyes in his head

see the world spinning round

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

"New Orleans queens, Sure know how to schmooze it

Maybe for some that seems alright

When I step out, strut down with my sugar

She'd best not talk like Barry White!"

And that's what I have to say about that!

:D

LOL! :D:D

When I was 19 (many moons ago), I worked as a bartender in the French Quarter for about 3 days.

My "worldliness education factor" increased about 1000% in those 3 days! :D

New Orleans can boast of having some of the most georgious Southern Queens! ;)

And you would NEVER know... that you were being seduced by one of our Sirens of the Night! (Until much later in the evening... and then you would know :D )

I love this city! Never a dull moment! :thu:

... connie z

I'm playing on Halloween...

But I'm playing someplace SO much more glamorous than New Orleans -- Wilkes-Barre, PA!

WoOOooOO! YEAH!

What? You never heard of Wilkes-Barre, PA?

Join the frickin' club. Most people in PA haven't heard of it, either.

But we'll be there... in Kiss make-up, playing Kiss songs... playing with three other bands who will be dressed as Black Flag, The Descendents and The Misfits. We're expecting a packed house.

I get to be Ace. How cool is that? I'll get to stumble around drunk all night and miss most of the cues in the songs. Of course, Butt Butt gets to be Gene, which is probably cooler, because if he's REALLY gonna be like Gene, at the end of the night, he'll split with all the cash and all the girls.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Originally posted by CMDN:

I'm playing on Halloween...

But I'm playing someplace SO much more glamorous than New Orleans -- Wilkes-Barre, PA!

WoOOooOO! YEAH!

What? You never heard of Wilkes-Barre, PA?

Join the frickin' club. Most people in PA haven't heard of it, either.

But we'll be there... in Kiss make-up, playing Kiss songs... playing with three other bands who will be dressed as Black Flag, The Descendents and The Misfits. We're expecting a packed house.

I get to be Ace. How cool is that? I'll get to stumble around drunk all night and miss most of the cues in the songs. Of course, Butt Butt gets to be Gene, which is probably cooler, because if he's REALLY gonna be like Gene, at the end of the night, he'll split with all the cash and all the girls.

Do you get to launch fireworks out of your guitar? See, that's why Ace ruled. That and the smoking pickups. Starchild!!!

Take care how you use it, and try to make it last all night

Do you get to launch fireworks out of your guitar? See, that's why Ace ruled. That and the smoking pickups. Starchild!!!

Believe it or not.. I have a little device that will shoot balls of flame from the headstock of my guitar. I got it at a magic shop. I fill it with flash paper... there are two AA batteries in it. All I have to do is press a button on this thing, and it shoots fire. Neat, huh?

But no smoking p-ups... I dunno how to make that happen without ruining my guitar.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived