Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I play a bass, is this kosher???

BenLoy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BenLoy:

I like to play the bass because grooves are more fun than guitar solos. Is this okay? Should I have my bass blessed by my local Rabbi if I'm going to play it at temple?

Wow, you're obviously up too early, Ben! :D

Blessed by a Rabbi? Why not, couldn't hurt, right? Being good at what you do is fine, but everyone could use a little help? Divine intervention in pursuit of a nice groove wouldn't really be considered cheating.

Maybe we could start a new thread; Am I a wimp because I rely on divine intervention to produce righteous grooves? :confused:

Bless my bass? Eh? What kind of mishigas is this?

Maybe Ill have a Canter sing Torah Torah Torah over my bass.

For Goyim Blessings Id like to head down to a Southern Baptist choir and have them sing some great worship songs. You know where their swaying, clapping and feeling the music while they sing. I love that.

The Hallelujah Chorus also comes to mind. Maybe I could sneak my bass under the chorus bleachers before a performance eh?

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

Maybe the next time you change strings you could bring your bass to temple, hand the wire clippers to your rabbi, and have him give the string ends a briss. Get your bass circumcised! :thu:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Originally posted by Jode:

Maybe the next time you change strings you could bring your bass to temple, hand the wire clippers to your rabbi, and have him give the string ends a briss. Get your bass circumcised! :thu:

Get a gig for your band playing one of these events and tell your band members "I got this gig, no skin off us".

:D

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

I like to play the bass because grooves are more fun than guitar solos. Is this okay? Should I have my bass blessed by my local Rabbi if I'm going to play it at temple?

Then your bass would be Kosher, right?

I'll have a slice of bass on pumpernickel, with a nice Kosher gherkin on the side. Hold the mayo.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

No. You absolutely MUST love to solo, more than the guitarist in fact. If you don't, you need to box up your gear and return it to your local music retailer. You're not allowed to play with us anymore.

Get your bass blessed if it's one of those temples that Geddy was screaming about in '2112'.

Originally posted by jeremyc:

My band has played for a briss a few times.

We didn't get paid, but we got to keep the tips.

Horrendous! Get the hook! :rolleyes:

You make Shecky look like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, or Robin Williams! :eek:

...or not. :P:D

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

All this religious confusion is giving me tsuris (I'm not Jewish, but I live in a Jewish neighborhood).

It's BenLoy up to his old tricks again - mixing metaphors. Mix me up one next time we're at a bar and I'll drink it!!

Wait - I need an ultra aggressive bassline - a real dive bomber. I'll invoke Tora Tora Tora instead of the Torah...

Great line Jeremy !! I love it when you guys cut up !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived