Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ergodyne

Invincible

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ive heard that it is a great bass. however, it is made of luthite. i own a cort curbow which is also made of luthite. they use luthite because it is easier to mold into ergonomic shapes thus making production cheaper. i dont think it sounds quite as good as wood personally but it is hardly a noticeable difference. luthite seems to be a bit lighter than wood which is always a plus. but, there is just something about knowing that you are playing a synthetic bass. before you buy it, i would check www.bgra.net, and harmony-central.com and see what they think of it. hope this helps.

I've played one in the store a couple of times (through a hartke head and cabs)and I liked the sound of it. It had a really sharp attack, and it sounded clear when I slapped (then again, I don't slap very well). Just give it a try, and for the price it is a definite option.

www.geocities.com/nk_bass/enter.html

Still working on it...

Ok, $500 sounds a really good price, the only problem being that musical equipment seems to be significantly more expensive over here in the UK than it is for you lucky Americans which might just push it out of my price bracket.

So, next question is.

A) If I were to have a bass shipped in from America would there be problems as I know that in America the electricity is all different (I don't know the technical stuff behind it) or would it work fine like one that had been bought over here?

B)If there would be no problems with the electronics, does anyone know roughly how much the shipping costs would be to have it sent here because obviously if it would work out more expensive to have one shipped in than it would be to buy the bass here, there would be no point.

Thanks again for any and all replies.

I still like the ol' wood myself, but the Ergodynes do represent an interesting alternative. I like the ones with the piezo bridges. If you can, buy it domestically instead, and avoid the headaches of export taxes. Even if you have to travel to a different town to get it, do it that way. At least you'll have had a chance to play it first, before commiting some money (or not) to the new bass.

Good luck.

My two cents.

Archived