Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kevin Gilbert - The Kaviar Sessions

More obscure magic from the late great Kevin Gilbert. Bassist, singer, writer, and all around terrifying musician.

The Kaviar Sessions

Brilliant album. This is what Kev was working on when he met his untimely demise. It's increbidly cynical lyrically and very adventurous musically. This is not exactly what I was expecting from another Kevin Gilbert CD, but at the same time, it's a perfect next Kevin Gilbert CD. It really shows his incredible depth as a musician, going pretty sideways from his stuff like 'Thud' and 'Shaming of the True'; which are both brilliant albums that you should own as well. I don't even know really how to describe this album, other than saying you should really own it. So go buy it.

Death Orgy 9000... it's no picnic.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering I just purchased:

Joe Jackson: Look Sharp

Van Halen: I, Fair Warning, and 1984 (Flame away, Eddie's awesome and I haven't listened to these records in years...)

Pink Floyd: The Making of the Dark Side of the Moon DVD

I can't allow myself any more music purchases for awhile...sorry Bump.

But I will purchase it when my next paycheck comes through. :D

Originally posted by BenLoy:

Van Halen: I, Fair Warning, and 1984 (Flame away, Eddie's awesome and I haven't listened to these records in years...)

Best song on the album 1984: "Top Jimmy", a very close second is "Drop Dead Legs". I mean, who doesn't love a song with the lyrics "giant butt" in it?

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• 4 months later...

Archived