Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DirectX 8.1. Sonar asks me to install it. Should I... ?

I'm running my computer apps on Win 98 SE and DirectX 8.0 with absolutely no problems. What does really scare me is that after I install DX 8.1 everything could be screwed up. Anyone has experience with DX 8.1? Should I install it with no worries?

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by bond1: [b]I've had zero problems after installing 8.1.[/b][/quote]Thanks. Are you running WIN 98 / 98 SE ? What programs?

www.guslozada.com

Gus, I'm running 98se, and had not probs with the upgrade. I'm finding that [i]something[/i] is a lot more stable, either Direct X or Sonar. But all does seem to be well. I'm running a Aardvark LX6(cuz I knew you'd ask), and Sound Forge as well and everything seems to be ok(knock on wood).
I really don't know what to put here.

[quote]Originally posted by Sylver: [b]Gus, I'm running 98se, and had not probs with the upgrade. I'm finding that [i]something[/i] is a lot more stable, either Direct X or Sonar. But all does seem to be well. I'm running a Aardvark LX6(cuz I knew you'd ask), and Sound Forge as well and everything seems to be ok(knock on wood).[/b][/quote]Those are excellent news for me, Sylver ! Thanks a lot ! :thu:

www.guslozada.com

...Another 98SE user with Sonar. You WANT DirectX 8.1, in fact DX 8.0 has problems...you need at least DX 8.0a, so you might as well just go to 8.1. I'm using WDM drivers, but had to install the Microsoft HotFix that was discussed earlier in this forum. WDM is the way to go. Aardvak has some low-latency non-WDM drivers, though.

Hello everybody. SONAR 2.0 -DEMO- was asking me to install DX 8.1 so I could install and try it. Finally, I had enough courage and installed DX 8.1. Everything is working perfectly :D Bad news: I did not find SONAR 2.0 was worth enough -for me- those extra bucks. I'll keep my -new- SONAR 1.3.1 :thu: thanks !

www.guslozada.com

[quote] [b]I'm using WDM drivers, but had to install the Microsoft HotFix that was discussed earlier in this forum. WDM is the way to go.[/b] [/quote]I know this may have been discussed before, but can anyone tell me where to get this "hot fix" for win98se AND instructions on how to install it? I have an Echo Gina24 card and i would like to use the WDM driver for it. Thanks

Archived