Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Down at the end, round by the corner...

_Sweet Willie_

...Close to the edge, just by the river.

Seasons will pass you by.

I get up, I get down.

Ya' dig? :thu:

I just got this CD in the mail today and I am absolutely and completely enjoying it. It is replacing that lovely white plastic cassette that I've had for so many years. (And, hey, it's been remastered and has bonus tracks! :rolleyes: )

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of Chris' best efforts. When I listen to that I like to put on the Hphones and put up the do not disturb sign.

Dang Willie, There you go throwing another craving on me. "Onamission reaches over to the cd rack and pulls of that lovely Green Yes CD and drops it in the player."

- Jon

-----

You have the right to remain in the groove, any solos cannot be used against you, you have the right to snap and pop, if you cannot snap and pop, two fingers can provide the funk just fine.

I listened hard but could not see

Life tempo change out and inside me.

The preacher trained in all to lose his name,

The teacher travels asking to be shown the same. :thu:

Ya' feel me?!?! :cool:

Rock on, Lizzy Roscoe Bergantino! Rock on! Enjoy your 4-pack! Might go well w/ a 4-pack of pub can Guinness... :thu:

Peace.

spreadluv

Guess I'll have to revise my "In my CD player right now" post!! And I'm supposed to be listening to all these jazz tunes for an upcomming rehearsal... Dang you Willie! :D

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

outboard river bluetail tailfly luther in time suntower asking cover lover june cast moon fast as one changes heart gold leaver soul mark mover christian changer called out saviour moon gate climber turn round glider

Now, sing it in harmony while picking out arpeggios on your Ric!

Great, great, great album. Last one with Bill Bruford. And those bass licks will keep you busy.

Hang on--BONUS TRACKS?!? 'Splain!!

Originally posted by LizzyD:

Ah YES! I just ordered the 4 latest reissues - CTTE, Tales, Relayer, GFTO. Sould be getting them any day now! :love:

Relayer caught a lot of flack when it came out, unjustly, but, it's my favorite followed by close to the edge.

Lizzy, You're in tight with Jon and the boys, think maybe you could get us some autographed CD sets??? :D Comeon please?

- Jon

-----

You have the right to remain in the groove, any solos cannot be used against you, you have the right to snap and pop, if you cannot snap and pop, two fingers can provide the funk just fine.

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

...Close to the edge, just by the river.

Seasons will pass you by.

I get up, I get down.

Ya' dig? :thu:

I just got this CD in the mail today and I am absolutely and completely enjoying it. It is replacing that lovely white plastic cassette that I've had for so many years. (And, hey, it's been remastered and has bonus tracks! :rolleyes: )

I'm jealous. What are the bone-us tracks on it? I'll need to buy the remasters now of The Yes Album - Going For The One. Bugger. Same bloody thing happened with all the Rush cds. The remasters just sound 100 times better than the original cd release.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I'm jealous. What are the bone-us tracks on it? I'll need to buy the remasters now of The Yes Album - Going For The One. Bugger. Same bloody thing happened with all the Rush cds. The remasters just sound 100 times better than the original cd release.
Steve Howes work on Parallels just smacks me down everytime I hear it. Some of the best guitar work ever recorded.

- Jon

-----

Bonus trax...indeed there are!

1. Paul Simon's "America" -- a tasty treat sung by Anderson w/ an interesting arrangement; much enjoyed by me.

2. a "single version" of "Total Mass Retain" (movement II of "Close to the Edge") -- nuthin' special here.

3. alternate version of "And You And I" -- this is pretty cool, but I'll have to listen to both versions back-to-back to try to hear the differences (other than the alternate version is 9 seconds longer); nuthin' radically different here from the album version.

4. a "studio run-thru" of "Siberian Khatru" -- this is cool, although the sound quality isn't as tight; however, there are some interesting differences in the run-thru (some phrasings and fills) compared to the album version which are fun to hear.

The bonus tracks are not reason enough alone to buy the remastered version, but the CD sounds much better than my old cassette. Is it the remastering or is it the CD quality vs. worn down magnetic tape? My guess is that it's the result of both!

Now, where was I? Oh yeah...

...Even Siberia goes thru the motions

So hold out and hold on...

spreadluv

• 3 weeks later...

I have to revive this thread.

I have finally given the remastered Close to the Edge my ultimate listening test -- the car test. There is nothing quite like listening to an album at relatively high volume in the car, and today I did just that with this CD. (My old car only has a cassette player. My wife's new car has the CD player -- and I've got her car today!)

The remaster passes with flying colors. It sounds fantastic in the car.

Anyway...

...Coming quickly to terms of all expression laid,

As a movement regained and regarded both the same

Emotion revealed as the ocean maid

A clearer future, morning, evening, nights with you.

Peace.

spreadluv

Now THERE is an album you buy for the whole thing! Three of the best progressive tracks of all time. And their last album with Bill Bruford.

Glad to hear it passes all the best tests! (And I thoroughly agree about the importance of the car test!)

Seasons will pass you by

I get up, I get down

Now that it's all over and done

Archived