Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Seattle Gig spam - Tonight - 9/16

...but a lot of people have indicated that they want to catch us playing live and I don't remember who all contacted me.

For all you Seattle-area types, and anyone who feels like going on a road trip, Yogi & Half Zaftig are playing at a reasonable hour of the evening finally!! Yay! Not one of the "week night hit the stage at midnight" gigs that we have been doing. So, if you feel so inclined, please do come out and see the show.

Who: Yogi & Half Zaftig

Where: Fenix Underground

When: Tuesday, September 16th

Time: 9:30 10:30pm

Rumor around the campfire is that this show is going to be video taped.

Which reminds me, if anyone wants a CD of any of our shows, PM me. I'm more than happy to burninate a cd with the show in MPEG format for you. So far we have 3 shows taped, 2 with the old line-up and 1 with the new.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bro- i really wouln't worry about a SPAM cry- you gotta be tretty shallow to be offended by someone posting their gig...have great show! i gotta make it to Seattle someday....

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Originally posted by LizzyD:

Hey, that sounds really cool! I'll see if I can make it... ;)

Wiseass! (I guess you gotta be to survive playing in a band w/ Bump! ;) ) :D
You don't know the half of it, man. :D

gratuitous *bump* because the show is a week from today

Also, video clips from the last gig can be seen at the band website! Yay!!!

Click me for video clips!!!

Originally posted by bassaddik:

bro- i really wouln't worry about a SPAM cry- you gotta be tretty shallow to be offended by someone posting their gig...have great show! i gotta make it to Seattle someday....

Yeah, a little gig ad on the board ain't gonna kill anybody, especially when you've got a platinum member :o ...errrrr, I mean, when you are a platinum member... :D

You didn't ask for an RSVP, but here's one anyway -- I can't make it. :P

Have a rockin' show!

BTW, thanks for the links. I'll take a gander from home this evening.

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

BTW, thanks for the links. I'll take a gander from home this evening.

You'll be gandering at entire shows on Friday night. I sent you the discs today via FedEx. They said something about "delivery by 4:30pm on Friday". Solid.

Originally posted by BenLoy:

Hey Bump, looks like your bandmate Lizzy is a pretty smokin' bassist herself, if the accolades she's getting from Tony Levin are any indication.

There's so much low-end talent in that band it's scary! :eek:

Lizzy is an amazing bass player, and an amazing musician. Very, very tasty playing, no matter what the setting or what instrument she's playing. She's got a fantastic ear too... which is something I'm insanely jealous of.

How was the gig?

How well do Yogi and Pete fare on bass? ;)

Are y'all the next threat to Bassed on Jazz? That's another group with a bevy of bass talent. :D

SORT-OR OFFICIAL GIG REPORT

(you know, for people besides His Sweetness that might be interested ;) )

Setlist was:

You Fell (first time ever playing this song live!)

Tomorrow Never Knows (first time playing this song live with version 2.0 of the band)

My Dismay (another first time ever performance)

Throw Me A Bone

The Ending

Firefly

Strange Ways

Freedom (King's X cover)

What Have We Here

My Love For Lois Is Real

We were going to play "Owe You" before "Lois", but we ran outta time and got the 'hey, time for one more song' from the sound guys.

We played from 9:30 - 10:30pm. Great time slot for a Tuesday evening. The crowd was small but very into the show. We played really well, and from what I recall there were a lot of really great 'moments' in the songs that are hugely improvised. Unfortunately, there is only picture-evidence of this show; it didn't get audio/video recorded. :cry:

I really, really like opening with "You Fell". It absolutely CRUSHES your soul. The pre-chorus and chorus bits are played live as they appear on the CD version, however, the verses are drastically different. This will eventually get recorded and you can see, err, hear what I mean.

I think people were shocked/confused/stunned when we played "My Dismay" after playing two hard rockers in a row. My Dismay is really quiet little number with a swing feel to it. It was like going from 900MPH with your hair on fire to sitting poolside on the coast with a beverage in hand in approximately 4 seconds. Rather jarring, at the very least. :)

Good times were had by all, wish everyone could have been there!

edit

Yogi has held down bass duties in bands in the past, and I've seen him play. As much as he doesn't like it when I say this, he's a great bass player. Solid mofo. Pete can play guitar/bass as well, but I've yet to actually hear him perform on one of these instruments. Well, aside from whipping out his "signature Yngwie Malmsteen" licks after our rehearsals on Lizzy's guitar.

We totally need to start playing "Big Bottom" live. :D

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Yogi has held down bass duties in bands in the past, and I've seen him play. As much as he doesn't like it when I say this, he's a great bass player. Solid mofo.

Eeeek. Well, yes, I have played bass in a couple of bands before, and I did get paid for it, so I guess that meets the definition of "pro", but sheesh, I'm such a bass hack it's not even funny. I do love and respect the instrument, however, as those who have heard my records can attest - ain't no "guitar player mixes" on those suckers.

What I've never seen Bump mention in this space is the fact that he can play guitar, too. One of these days we are so gonna do a Zep-style acoustic set in the middle of a gig.

I'm a lucky bastid indeed to have a band with Bump, Lizzy, and Pete. And we ain't even got started yet.

"Expectations are the enemy of music." - Mike Keneally

Hi! My band is... my band is... HALF ZAFTIG | Half Zaftig on MySpace | The Solo Stuff

Archived