Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

University Gear Storage (UK)

Gord -B

Hi I'm off to sheffield uni on the 20th and i was wondering. What do you do with all your gear? I have a big cab, amp head, 2 basses, hard case, soft case and a practise amp to take and i'm in a tiny room in halls of residence. I need to take my stuff but i don't know how to store it. Am i just going to have to live with it?
Derek Smalls: It's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water. http://www.myspace.com/gordonbache

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gord -B:

Hi I'm off to sheffield uni on the 20th and i was wondering. What do you do with all your gear? I have a big cab, amp head, 2 basses, hard case, soft case and a practise amp to take and i'm in a tiny room in halls of residence. I need to take my stuff but i don't know how to store it. Am i just going to have to live with it?

No way, don't take it all! College, in general, is not the best place to take things that you care about that are relatively easy to transport out of your dormitory into another person's dormitory.

Is there any chance you can get back home at some point? If I were you, I would just take one bass and the practice amp. Also, some dormitories don't even ALLOW electric instruments.

Yeah, leave most of it at home at first. Sheffield to Macclesfield ain't that far if you really need the rest, say for a gig. Also, think about security considerations - do you really want that much kit at risk when you don't know yet how secure the place is.

Alternatively, leave it with me in Manchester - I'll look after it for you :D

i suppose so.. maybe i could take my mman and just the practise amp. I'm gonna take out insurance on it though. The thing is if i'm going to a jam or a gig and need it... i can't make 2 trips to Macc in 1 day so i'll need to keep it somewhere and then it won't be insured agh! :mad:

Actually thinking about it.. my sisters living in a house in sheffield maybe i could keep it at hers if i need it for a bit. Big Hassle though. Ah well i'm just gonna have to accept that if i want money to buy these babies in the future i'm gonna have to get a degree first :freak:

Cheers for the advice.

Derek Smalls: It's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water. http://www.myspace.com/gordonbache

Last year for my dorm I had a single bass and a small guitar amp I used as a practice amp. This year I have a bit more space so I brought a bass and my GK 400 RB III and Avatar 210 which fit nicely in my closet and are more than adequate for any needs I may have here.
I'm out my league like Jordan was in baseball

Archived