Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jeff Berlin interview

HiRoller

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to a Jeff Berlin Clinic in July or August, 1998. It was everything he says in this article and more. His issue with metronomes for practice are dead on. Most inexperienced players mess themselves up trying to keep up with a metronome, rather than learn the piece out of time and work slowly toward playing it correctly, at full speed.

My favorite part of the clinic was the end. He asked us to call out a song for him to play solo on the bass. Someone said, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", which he was excited about, because it's melody moves with the chords. The impromptu version he played was simply amazing. Wish I had my MD player... but I hadn't acquired it yet! ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I agree. There's nothing wrong with using a metronome....as long as you know how to use it. The rest seemed like common sence to me. If you want to get better you need to practice.

That's what I tell my students. How come I'm not getting published, payed more or making CD's??

"Tablature is a bunch of shit and has delayed the musical growth of many musicians who use it."

:thu::thu::thu::thu::thu::thu::thu:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived